Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

reminder

set date evernote

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 aleksi22

aleksi22

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

hello!
Is is possible to set due dates and be reminded on a note?
Examples could be vouchers, that expire or a subscription that needs to be cancelled until a certain date.
Or, like repesito.com does it, at a date to a receipt to be reminded when a products guarantee expires.
Thanks!
Aleksi

#2 Wern

Wern

• Title: Evernote Evangelist
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 779 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

This is a hotly discussed topic here in the forum. EN has said, due dates and reminders WILL come but we don't know when.

Check out the Getting Started Guide or Knowledge Base. View user Manuals: Windows, Mac or Android.
Still doesn't work? Submit a support request here.

#3 aleksi22

aleksi22

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

Sorry, I did a search, but on my mobile, and was to lazy to properly search - I confess ;)
Btw, Evernote should add tapatalk plugin to this board if possible

Edited by aleksi22, 29 May 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#4 Owyn

Owyn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Evernote Geek
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

Tapatalk has problems with the SSO login for this forum. You can use it but read only.
Forum search is currently broken/unreliable. Better solution is Google site search ( site:discussion.evernote.com ).

Both items are on the fix list for the forum.
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests

Premium User
Ubuntu 12.04/10.04 + various other Linux distro (Web client & VirtualBox XP SP3 ENW)
Windows 7 SP1 & XP SP3 (EN 4.5.8.7356)
iPod Touch 2G (iOS 4.2.1, EN 4.1.9) / Blackberry Playbook (OS 2.0.1, EN 1.3)
Latest stable browsers & clippers(Chrome(default), Firefox, IE8/9)

#5 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,603 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

hello!
Is is possible to set due dates and be reminded on a note?

Until Evernote figures out Due Dates, you could use a work-around solution by editing the Created Date to the subscription expiration date. If your notes are sorted chronologically, the future items will appear first.

And add the to-do item checkbox in the actual note. (Ctrl + Shift + C in the Windows client)

If you search for todo:false, you will have a list of stuff to do sorted by date.

And some recent info (April 2012) on Due Dates from Evernote's CEO Phil Libin

"We're putting in a lot of work on reminders / due dates / to-do lists. Aiming for a release this year, but don't have the specifics nailed down yet."

http://discussion.ev...369#entry134369

#6 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

..and just to round this off with a work-around: I use the 'created date' option to list my notes in date order, and I also use followup.cc to remind me closer to the day/ hour - if I create a note by email I can CC to july1@followup.cc (for example) to get an email reminder about that note closer to the time. Or I can email a created note there.

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#7 CAK

CAK

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

@gazumped thanks for mentioning FollowUp.cc, I'm the founder. One more suggestion that would work with Evernote is to install our Bookmarklet (from your FollowUp.cc Settings page) that will let you set reminders on URLs. That way, if you're looking at your notes on the web, you can quickly click to set a reminder for when you want to get an email about that URL, including the ability to add a note or keyword to the reminder for easy searching in your email later.

For creating email notes, it's best to Bcc a follow up address vs. Cc it, but either technically works.

I'd love to create a better integration with Evernote, but it seems like being able to put us on the email to create the note or using the bookmarklet is about all there is to it, right?

#8 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hi @CAK - nice to see you here. Compliments on the service - you're the 'other' reason my life doesn't fly apart in tiny pieces, EN being number one.

Don't know that there's much scope for closer integration between your two services - I don't use the web client unless I absolutely have to so the bookmarklet isn't really an option. I prefer to add and edit notes from my laptop and use a mobile for some adding and lots of look-up (As in "Where am I supposed to be at 0900 today??")

It would be good if you could get a button added to my Evernote toolbar with "set reminder to" and options for setting hours/ days/ weeks/ months - but Evernote add-ins don't seem to work that way. Any closer integration with the GUIs in Windows or Android would be fine by me - I think there might be some iPhone and Mac interest around here too..

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#9 CAK

CAK

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

Thanks. I hate to say it but based on my understanding of Evernote's API/integration points, your suggestions for GUI elements don't sound possible, but I'll check it out and see if they are.

#10 mseabra

mseabra

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Here is one way you can do this. You will have to make a habit of checking your EN everyday for this to work.

Create A Month Tag (MONTH_JAN-MONTH_DEC or M_JAN) and a day tag D01-D31. Then tag your note with these two tags (you can use a year too but if you are not looking into EN everyday, then your system will not last for much longer.

To check what is due on a particular month, just filter on that month tag (i.e M_FEB)

Marco

#11 MontrealPaul

MontrealPaul

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

@mseabra - good idea! This would be an application of the "43 Folders" approach (which I learned about through GTD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote