Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

How to delete a notebook?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sealion

sealion

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

Is this still the current status?

http://evernote.com/...rticle/23172181

Ipad3
EN up to date

#2 May

May

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

you can delete and rename Notebooks and Tags, albeit those features are not very obvious.

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

and select stuff and then delete

#3 May

May

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

here is how to rename Notebooks/Tags

http://discussion.ev...ebooks-on-ipad/

#4 Parisie

Parisie

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

you can delete and rename Notebooks and Tags, albeit those features are not very obvious.

and that ist not a mistake but a feature.

Normally you have a lot of work with EN Notbooks (mine has "only" 1090 notes) and it would be dangerous if it would be an easy task to delete a notebook.
My first Evernote note:3.10.2008 - A List of conspiracies
11.9, AIDS, , Bielefeld, , Cannabis, , Echelon, , Geheimdienst, , Hohlwelt, , John F. Kennedy, , Mafia, , Mondlandung, , Ordo Templi Orientis, , Phoebus,Weisen von Zion

#5 May

May

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

I never said it was a mistake. However renaming Notebooks and Tags and even selecting multiple Tags for filtering purposes is also not obvious.

I agree that you shouldn't be able to delete notebooks easily by accident. However I also think the user at least should be aware that those features are available at all, instead of figuring things out someday by chance/luck (like I did initially). Or not figuring out those things at all even. Renaming Tags is even harder to figure out compared to deleting Tags/Notebooks in my view.

#6 sealion

sealion

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

Thanks!
Notebook deleted.

#7 alishadm

alishadm

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

For study purposes I completing modules of work and storing them in notebooks. When one is finished I'd like to keep a record (on my PC preferably) but delete the notebooks from my iPad and iPhone. Is this possible or does deleting a notebook from the iPad delete it on my PC as well?

Thanks

#8 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,215 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

For study purposes I completing modules of work and storing them in notebooks. When one is finished I'd like to keep a record (on my PC preferably) but delete the notebooks from my iPad and iPhone. Is this possible or does deleting a notebook from the iPad delete it on my PC as well?

Thanks

Hi. Welcome to the discussion forums!

Your account exists in Evernote's servers, and everything in it is downloaded in its entirety whenever you synchronize (sync) your PC with the servers (this happens automatically). Your iPad syncs with the servers as well, but unless you are a premium member and specifically tell it to download notebooks, it will only download the "headers" of notes. It looks like your notebook is on your iPad, but really it is only some basic information about each note. When you click on the note, your iPad temporarily downloads and caches the note, but this is not permanent. That is why Evernote takes up very little space on your iPad -- your stuff isn't there.

However, because it is synchronized with the servers, and therefore with your PC, any change will be reflected on your PC, and vice versa. Delete a note on your PC and it (actually, just its header) will be deleted from your iPad. Delete a notebook on your iPad and you'll delete it on your PC.

So, you definitely do not want to delete the notes or notebooks from your iPad, and more importantly, you don't need to.

#9 bpshand

bpshand

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

OK. But how do you delete a note? Some notes have a delete option some inexplicably don't.
Evernotes seems nice in theory but lousy in practice.

#10 Bertel

Bertel

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Help.

I cannot figure out how to delete a Notebook on my MacBook.

Errrr...

Any help much appreciated.

I wish Evernote came with an instruction manual.

Any recomendations?

Thank you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote