(Archived) HELP [Chrome]: Not loading with clipper

JoeH

Having an odd problem in involving the web clipper (5.4) and Chrome (Ver 19.0.1084.52). If I start a new chrome session by clicking on a link in another application the page will not load (waited 3 minutes and tried with multiple pages from multiple sources). If there is already a chrome instance open with a tab open a second tab opens and everything is fine.

Steps:

Close all instances of chrome

Click on a url in an email or office documents

Chrome will start, the url will show up but the page never finished loading.

If you stop the load, leave chrome up and click on the link again it will load in a second tab with no issues

I originally found this using chromium, thinking it was an issue with the browser I loaded chrome. Everything worked fine until I started loading extensions. After a bit of troubleshooting I was able to isolate it to the Evernote Web Clipper extension. With only the evernote web clipper extension enabled this issue occurs. If I disable the web clipper the pages load fine regardless of what other extensions are enabled.

Other Extensions:

Adblock Plus (Beta) 1.2

Clearly 6.3337.321.633

Flashblock 0.9.31

LastPass 1.90.6

Xmarks Bookmark Sync 1.0.22

Could not reproduce with Linux/Chromium 18 or XP/Chrome 19.

Tested by closing browser, confirming all processes terminated, and then following link from Evernote Windows/Wine client.

Problem may be specific to Windows 7 64bit (which I don't have available for testing).

Hi. I'm running on the same issue. Disabling the web cliper extension from Chrome solved the issue for me! Now, chrome and my default homepage (google.com) is now getting display immediatly.

I'm also on Win7 x64 with Chrome 19.

Extension log:

18:40:08 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)) (ERROR) /background.html: Couldn't contact either bootstrap server. Using what we've got...

at Object.startup [as cb] (/js/common/Bootstrap.js:111:13)

at chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/libs/jabsorb/jsonrpc.js:793:11

I tried to reproduce this on Friday but couldn't get it to happen. I'll see if I can replicate your issue from your logs waternote, and see if that will trigger the same problem, but it looks like what's probably happened to cause that log message is that you've started up Chrome without an Internet connection.

Any more info you could provide would be helpful, I'll try to figure it out after the holiday weekend here in the US. It looks like you're running Chrome in French? That shouldn't be a problem but we do most of our testing with it set to English, so I'll try running Chrome in French and see if that makes a difference.

I have the same problem. I disabled all extensions and isolate evernote web clipper as the responsible. I think the issue began after the last update of the evernote extension. Chrome 19, W7 64bits.

Extension log:

09:00:31 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance) (WARN) /popup.html: error getting smart filing info.

at Object.populateSmartFilingInfo [as cb] (/js/popup/Popup.js:753:11)

at chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/libs/jabsorb/jsonrpc.js:793:11

Not to hijack the post, but I've recently started seeing the same issue.

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Chrome 19.0.1084.52

I can reproduce at will by enabling and disabling the web clipper extension, closing Chrome, and clicking a link in an email.

With the web clipper enabled, the address bar displays the link address but it never resolves.

With the web clipper disabled, the web page resolves quickly.

I can't reproduce this at all. Can anyone experiencing this share the email client (i.e., Outlook or Thunderbird) that they're using, and the URL of a link that fails to open? Could you also share your current Clipper settings? If you could create a video of the screen while this happens, that would be helpful too.

Sorry to ask so much but I currently really have no idea what might be causing this for some people.

Having an odd problem in involving the web clipper (5.4) and Chrome (Ver 19.0.1084.52). If I start a new chrome session by clicking on a link in another application the page will not load (waited 3 minutes and tried with multiple pages from multiple sources). If there is already a chrome instance open with a tab open a second tab opens and everything is fine.

Steps:

Close all instances of chrome

Click on a url in an email or office documents

Chrome will start, the url will show up but the page never finished loading.

If you stop the load, leave chrome up and click on the link again it will load in a second tab with no issues

I have the EXACT same problem. Everything OP posted here completely replicated on my system.

Chrome user. Windows 7 x64. Tested with no extensions besides Web Clipper and had the same exact problem as well.

It is not just the Web Clipper with this exact issue. Other extensions tested to replicate this problem includes:

Auto Refresh Plus

Proxmate

• 3 weeks later...

Archived