Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Double spacing for no reason and weird formatting too

evernote

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimjim55

jimjim55

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hey all,

Often, when I pasted some single spaced text and I hit enter when I am in the middle of the line, in order to put that text on the next line, it double spaces, permanently. Even when I backspace to delete the new line, it is now double spaced. Other times, if I backspace to bring text up to the previous line (creating a longer section of text), then hit return to push it to the next line, it double spaces and makes the text bold and larger. I have copy/pasted text all over. But I copy the text into a text editor and then copy it out to remove formatting. If it was formatted with html or whatever...how do I get rid of that?

Weird. It drives me nuts. All I want is simple formatting. When I do the "simpilfy formatting" selection in the menu, it actually changes the font and other odd stuff.

JD

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

Hi and welcome to the Forums. Welcome also to the wonderful world of fonts and layout. Given that Evernote is allowing you to cut from more or less any format and paste into a note, it's pretty amazing that you see any legible output at all.

Editing the clipped details after that is best regarded as a work in progress - hopefully it will get better, but the results are . . . variable . . . at best.

There are ways to get around some problems - cutting and pasting into a Word file to edit content, moving content to Notebook and back to purge codes - but we just have to live with the restrictions for the moment. I'm sure editing will get better - watch this space for details!

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote