(Archived) QUESTION: Why no IE clipper?

Budge

I don't work for Evernote, so I can't answer that question, but I would guess it's related to this.

That's a misguided answer for a couple of reasons:

Firstly, the fact that IE according to that graph is the most used browser should be enough reason that Evernote does have a clipper for it.

Secondly, there is a clipper for IE, it installs when you install Evernote. Right click on the web page and choose "Add to Evernote" (something like that, a Mac user myself)

Firstly, the fact that IE according to that graph is the most used browser should be enough reason that Evernote does have a clipper for it.

The trend suggests IE is losing large amounts of market share each year, which is one reason not to devote resources to it.

Secondly, there is a clipper for IE, it installs when you install Evernote. Right click on the web page and choose "Add to Evernote" (something like that, a Mac user myself)

Glad to be corrected.

The trend suggests IE is losing large amounts of market share each year, which is one reason not to devote resources to it.

Yes. But that explanation would make sense only, If Evernote was launched today. However, the graphic shows that historically IE has been the most used browser. So, obviously, lack of a clipper would be inexplicable.

• 3 months later...

Once you install Evernote in Windows you are good to go. Consider the Copy/Paste functionality of Windows. (I'm using Windows 7 64bit...not sure if that matters though)

If you have installed Evernote already...do this:

1- Highlight this text - "Hi I'm headed to EVERNOTE!" (like you would copy it)

2- Right Click

3- Click on Add to Evernote (version varies...at least 4.0)

4- For this example, leave everything default and click Add Note

You should see the note in Evernote once you sync.

Hi Evernote experts :)

I am new to Evernote, I will use it for personal as well as for work perposes.

I am using IE and indeed I found out that the Webclipper is working in a different way on this browser. If I try to clip something to my private notebook, it works fine. But the problem is, I can't clip to the shared one. I only get the option of clipping into my personal notebook. If I try this on another computer (Mac), I get both the options! So it's my own account, but different computer and I get different options...isn't that weird?

Can anyone tell me how I can clip on shared notebooks with IE?

Thanks!

I found an app for Evernote Webclipper, for android (htc). It is called 'EverWebClipper for Evernote'.

Does anyone have exprience with this one?

I am still trying to clip in my not-devault notebooks on my android phone and it doesn't work...

thanx!

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong when i try to clip a page, it says clipping but instead of the page the note only contains a direct link.. I'm on win8 enterprise / IE10.

*edit

Ok I found the culprit.. http://prntscr.com/tvyox

The context menu does have the 'Add to Evernote' button with the webclip dialog button not displayed but it will only 'clip' the link.

To Evernote: I think it might be more clear when you rename this 'dialog' to IE toolbar button because that's what it does, it hides the toolbar button in IE10 on Win 8 and it's disabled by default, , which is something I wouldn't assume everyone automatically grasps from the given description.

Maybe this helps someone :)

Archived