Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

REQUEST:Stack/List View on iPad

stacks ipad evernote

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Chris-Py

Chris-Py

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Please, please add a list view to the iPad much like the iPhone and Mac versions have. I use stacks of notebooks extensively and this destroys my organizational structure on the iPad since it just jumbles all my notebooks together.

#2 Rob Wilcox

Rob Wilcox

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

I don't have my mac handy.. But when you see the stack of notebooks, what happens when you click on all? You get a list of all notes sorted alphabetically.

#3 ahoefer

ahoefer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

I agree - I love the stacks on the Mac, but it's a waste of time when they don't show up on the iPad.

#4 Ganesha

Ganesha

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

I agree with that. I Need my Folder structure created on the Desktop Version of EN.

#5 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,218 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

I don't have my mac handy.. But when you see the stack of notebooks, what happens when you click on all? You get a list of all notes sorted alphabetically.

it looks something like this on the mac (windows screenshot, but similar)
http://blog.evernote...0/11/stacks.jpg

on the ipad, nothing. just a lot of notebooks.

#6 NoneOfYourBusinessJack

NoneOfYourBusinessJack

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'll add my voice to this. Works great in browser version, Windows, Mac desktop and Android devices.....just not the Ipad/IPhone.

#7 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

This has been requested and discussed many times before on here, Evernote have indicated that it is coming but as usual there is no timescale or promises.

#8 Finn Sparsoe

Finn Sparsoe

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

This has been requested and discussed many times before on here, Evernote have indicated that it is coming but as usual there is no timescale or promises.

"Promise" and "Promise"?

I requested this feature more than a year ago and was told that "...it was on the list"

#9 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

No doubt that tt's still on the list, unfortunately, along with many other items...
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#10 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

"Promise" and "Promise"?

I requested this feature more than a year ago and was told that "...it was on the list"

Did they give you a timescale? I'm guessing not, so it's still on the list and will be delivered when Evernote have the right balance of time and money to do so.

#11 tayfinch

tayfinch

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

The stack feature is key to the evernote organization system. Using evernote on my iPad is a chaotic user experience with the notebook-based browsing currently in use. Please, add stacks!

#12 Zman

Zman

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

Just bought an iPad, intending for one of its main uses to be Evernote access, only to discover to my horror that card view is the ONLY view option! Why, why WHY? List view is the standard on every other platform. I can find my notes 10x more easily on my iPhone than my iPad, despite the screen being one sixth the size. This is a debilitating usability issue!

I have been a huge advocate for Evernote Pro with my colleagues, family and friends...until list view is available I cannot recommend it to anyone with an iPad.

Please add list view and make Evernote useable on the iPad!!!

#13 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • 10,218 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

Just bought an iPad, intending for one of its main uses to be Evernote access, only to discover to my horror that card view is the ONLY view option! Why, why WHY? List view is the standard on every other platform. I can find my notes 10x more easily on my iPhone than my iPad, despite the screen being one sixth the size. This is a debilitating usability issue!

I have been a huge advocate for Evernote Pro with my colleagues, family and friends...until list view is available I cannot recommend it to anyone with an iPad.

Please add list view and make Evernote useable on the iPad!!!

Hi Zman. Congratulations on your purchase of the iPad, but I am sorry to hear about your experience with Evernote. I have been critical of the user interface in the past, and even posted a wish list of sorts for it http://discussion.ev...443#entry141443

Nevertheless, the app is quite usable, and I hope you will reconsider recommending it to friends and family. It is actually one of the better ones in the iOS environment. I think the issue is that it could be so much better. That's all. I expect the team is working hard on it as we speak :)

But, just in case they aren't, let's keep posting with ideas, suggestions, and so forth. Do you have any app in particular that you think has a great list view? I am most familiar with SimpleNote, but I think Notesy does OK with its list view as well. The key, for me, is to have options about how much of a snippet we get to see.

#14 Rob78

Rob78

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

But, just in case they aren't, let's keep posting with ideas, suggestions, and so forth. Do you have any app in particular that you think has a great list view?

I've got a good example: Evernote on the iphone. OR the PC or Mac. Why they don't have the same interface on the ipad absolutely blows my mind. All they had to do was copy the iphone interface exactly and it would be perfect. These dozens of piles of paper symbols on the ipad are brutal.

#15 jeremymaxwell

jeremymaxwell

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

I realize that this is an Evernote run Forum, but I specifaclly upgraded to Evernote Pro in order to use my Ipad at work. I am overwhelmed with the messiness and chaos of the iPad Evernote layout and functionality. It's completely unusable on the iPad, and I've got barely gotten started adding the notebooks I need. It's frustrating to get onto these an other forums and see that customers have been literally begging Evernote to deal with the Stacks and Layout issues on the ipad for years to no avail. If Evernote was being sold to me as a platform that was only to be used on my Home Computer, I'd have no issue. But I've been convinced by advertising that the ideal thing about Evernote is that it is a cross platform app. This is a comlete falsehood in my eyes if you take into account the iPad. I feel incredibly limited when using Evernote on the iPad. Taking into account the simplicity of the requests (Stacks and List view) it's even more confounding to me. An to top it off is Evernote's seeming tonedeafness to the user complaints. No timeline. No acknoweldment that this is one of the main issues. No alternatives offered.
But back to my first thought: though this is an Evernote forum, I wonder if anyone has other alternatives to Evernote that work on the iPad? Until Evernote can listen to the need to update their iPad App, I'll need another App to use. Besides Dropbox, any other ideas? Good Reader?

#16 Jim D

Jim D

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

I agree the ipad version has caused me to rethink how i use evernote.
The stacked folders on the desktop version works great but on the ipad version they are worthless.
The Ipad version needs to work like the desktop or iPhone version.
When you select the intital folder it should open the folders that are stacked in it.
Then by selecting a stacked folder it should open the notes associated with it.
This is causing a huge problem with our company.
Please Evernote fix this issue.

#17 RMJS

RMJS

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

The inconsistency between the different versions of Evernote is also frustrating me. I love the list view on my Mac, I can easily work through each note in-turn quickly. The iPad version is useless, I desperately want it on the iPad. I also hate the fact you can't change font colour on the iPad.

#18 D'Arcy Mayo

D'Arcy Mayo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

This issue is an important one because so many of use use stacks to organize their work.

Why is it taking so long for Evernote to fix this failing?

Maybe they don't care enough because we are only little sprats that use iPads

#19 Kennett

Kennett

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

August 9, 2012 the iPad app is useless without the list view!

#20 Albert1969

Albert1969

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

The actual ipad view is what have prevented me from using Evernote as my primary note app. I like the iphone and Mac versions but i find useless the ipad version. I thought that maybe with the premium version I will have another option but reading this forum I learned that no way.

Really, like has been said by others I can't understand that such a flaw has been accepted and not corrected for so many time.

Until it is corrected I can't use Evernote on my iPad, so its also useless on my iphone and Mac. I cannot also recomrnd it to anyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote