Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Penultimate for Android tablets?

android penultimate

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#201 Drawnalism®

Drawnalism®

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

@Admin in Residence - Thank you for the news.

#202 CRPHD

CRPHD

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

It it is true (see below post #199) then hooray! I still don't know why the folks at Evernote have been so lax in responding about what they are developing when soooo many Android users have been asking for an Android like version of Penultimate. 

We've moved Ink for Android out of alpha and into beta testing, available here: https://plus.google....054128618368971

You'll need to register and be approved if you want to have access to the beta.

Essentially takes Penultimate functionality and moves it directly into the Evernote experience on Android.  To create a handwritten note: select the pen button on the note editor to insert handwriting in a note. You can select different width and colors, erase, cut and undo / redo.

Again, this is in beta, so it's going to have some rough edges that need smoothing out, but if you'd like to try it, it's available.

#203 sjrixon

sjrixon

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

Registered for the beta... Looking forward to some good testing ;)

#204 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Hey all! We are excited to announce the launch of Handwriting on Android as well as the new version of Android! Head over to our blog to get the latest version: http://blog.evernote...ernote-android/

To celebrate, we'd like to see the best that the new Handwriting feature has to offer. Post up to Twitter or Instagram a screenshot of your Handwriting using #EvernoteHandwriting

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#205 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

Your posted, tagged content will appear here: http://evernote.com/handwriting/

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#206 Mr. Android

Mr. Android

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

So does the Jot Script Evernote Edition Stylus work with this?  And I assume that this new writing feature in Evernote for Android has all the features that you would find in Penultimate.  

#207 Paul Ryder

Paul Ryder

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

So does the Jot Script Evernote Edition Stylus work with this?  And I assume that this new writing feature in Evernote for Android has all the features that you would find in Penultimate.

Unfortunately not. This Android development is a very long way off the Penultimate experience on iOS. Perhaps it will improve in time, but I don't find it useful at the moment.

A further annoyance is that those notes created in Penultimate are visible in the Android app (sync'd no problem) but they cannot be edited or otherwise manipulated by the Android app. I suspect they are appearing as images rather than as an editable file type. I'd be pleased to hear of a workaround for this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, penultimate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote