(Archived) HOWTO: Track number of subscribers to public notebooks

• Level 5*

I am interested in determining how many people have subscribed to my public notebook, which I use on my blog for weekly teaching pearls. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Michelle

Hi Michelle. Welcome to the forums!

As far as I know, there is no way for you to find out this information, and I am not even sure if Evernote tracks the metrics.

• Level 5*

Hi Michelle - as GM says, there's nothing you can add to Evernote to get full feedback, but you might be able to socially-engineer some responses by including a link to allow people to add themselves to a mailing list, vote on a relevant topic, or enter some sort of competition. You could then add a counter of some sort to the linked page. There's no guarantee all of your visitors will hit that link (in fact you're guaranteed only a proportion will do so..) but the feedback will at least give you some indication that you're getting some traffic to the notes.

Theoretically, you could add google-analytics code (or some other tracking code) into the notes themselves, which would then be tracked.

I haven't actually tested this, but each time a note is loaded, it does activate *basic* html code within, and there are some examples that it can do some more advanced work if you code something in an iframe.

So, I'd say - edit your notes to include tracking code within an iframe so it loads every time those notes are hit and there you go.

• Level 5*

Theoretically, you could add google-analytics code (or some other tracking code) into the notes themselves, which would then be tracked.

I haven't actually tested this, but each time a note is loaded, it does activate *basic* html code within, and there are some examples that it can do some more advanced work if you code something in an iframe.

So, I'd say - edit your notes to include tracking code within an iframe so it loads every time those notes are hit and there you go.

interesting thought. i will give it a try sometime. i wonder, though, whether the fact that google does not index the content of shared notebooks will cause problems.

Intriguing idea about embedding code. The extent of my coding knowledge unfortunately is that I understand what you are saying but don't know HOW to code it. i'll check around with some local friends to see I can figure out. Thanks!

Archived