Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Notes Pane Size

evernote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChristianWert

ChristianWert

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hi,

I'm a brand new user.

Is there a way to decrease the size of the notes in the notes pane? Or maybe even a way to have it not display content from the note itself but just display the note title?

I have a bunch of notes and I know exactly what each title represents but having actual content from each note in the note bubbles in the notes pane is making it feel very cluttered.

Thanks,

Christian

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,749 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

Are you talking about the note panel (the one where the note is actually displayed)?

Or are you talking about the note view (snippet, list or thumbnail)? For thumbnails, the note size is proportioned to the width of the view panel, which is resizable. In snippet view, the note displays are largely fixed in height.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 ChristianWert

ChristianWert

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

I was talking about snippet view i guess. It seems strange that its so big and cannot be changed. I can see it's going to get crowded once i get a lot of notes going.

#4 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,749 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

You might be interested in using the vertical list view (a list view where the current snippet and thumbnail views are), to the left of your note, as opposed to above it. Current a little hidden and awkward to use (http://discussion.ev...161#entry127161), but will get more exposed soon (http://discussion.ev...887#entry138887).
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote