Evernote and Microsoft Outlook

RJS

Hi all,

I have Evernote installed on three computers and my iPAD. On some of my computers, right within Outlook, I can just click to add an email to Evernote. On at least one of them, there is no "Add to Evernote" button on my Outlook. Yes, I can still email from Outlook to my Evernote email address, but the "Add to Evernote" button is a bit more efficient. Any ideas on why it is there on some and not on others? And how can I get it to show on my Outlook if it isn't already? (And I'm having the same trouble I think with Explorer - seems like one installation I can right click and Add to Evernote, but another one I can't.) The main difference between the computers is that one is a Windows 7 machine and one is Windows XP. It is the Windows XP computer that doesn't have any of the integrated buttons.

Thanks in advance for any help and information!

--RJS

What version of Outlook are you using? EN doesn't support Outlook prior to 2007. Sometimes it works (in 2003) and sometimes it doesn't. But if you're using an older version of Outlook & it's not showing up, then you'll have to settle for either auto forwarding or setting up Outlook rules to forward.

I have Outlook 2007 on my computer. I get an "Unexpected error during note creation" message when I try to add the e-mail directly to Evernote. Like RJS, I can still forward to Evernote, but I miss the ability to click the Outlook Add On button and send the e-mail directly. Thanks for any help. MME

I use Outlook 2007 and the "add to Evernote" works well most of the time. On occasion is "disappears." At that point I close done Outlook and open it and the button comes back. It's a little annoying but it doesn't happen often.

• 3 months later...

Hello All.. Just installed MS Outlook 2010, found the outlook add in on the toolbar. Clicked at it, and the username field is a drop down. It is expecting me to select a username which it should have read from some where .. but it is annoying cause it does not find anything for me. So Now, there is no way for me to clip a note .. Did anyone see this? or am i doing anything wroing?

I tried restarting the windows evernote application including the evernote clipper .. Here is a screen shot.. Any help, great appreciated ..

Thanks

evernote.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm using Outlook 2012 64-Bit and do not have the Evernote Clipper. It was in my Add-Ins as an unchecked item, but was not able to be checked. After uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote it has disappeared entirely from my Add-Ins. Not unchecked in COM-Add Ins, not in disabled items. Any help?

• 9 months later...

While I have "add to evernote" on my home tab in outlook, when I am creating a message, I have no "Add to Evernote" option. I have to send the email, then find it in my sent folder, and then add it to Evernote. Seems clunky.

• 5 months later...

The Solution I found in Outlook Office 365 is to go to the top of your screen to the little downward arrow where the customized ribbon is. Then near the bottom it says more commands. Click on Add ins on the left column. IN disabled applications you may find Evernote if it is installed on your computer. Highlight it and then press the go button. I screen will appear with a list of abled and disabled apps. Click on Evernote.  If you are part of a network with an administrator you will have to have them change the group policy so that you can enable this app if it still will not allow you to do so. But from there you should be able to get to the root of the issue.  :)

• 11 months later...

Archived