Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Do you ever print your notes?

print

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Zanzib

Zanzib

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hello all Evernote lovers, I am curious if you ever print your notes?
I do it rarely and am always surprised by how big the fonts are.
If you are printing then what types of notes are they- you have written them yourselves or its clipped content? Thx!

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,158 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

II almost never print any of my notes. A couple of times I have, but they printed across two pages, width wise b/c they included wide screen caps. The printed copies (they may have been printed to PDF) were not as helpful as I thought they would be b/c of that. Next time, I'll try using the share option to share the note with the person.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

Printed copies are few and far between.
Even my tax documents were sent to my lawyer this year via Evernote (and not paper).

#4 Zanzib

Zanzib

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

Khm, very interesting- I am wondering if anyone does print them on regular basis at all? Evernote introduced 'select and print multiple notes' functionality which makes me think that people do print a lot...

#5 C6REW

C6REW

• Title: I need a Cup Of Tea
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Never found a reason to.

On the basis that Evernote helps me to become paperless, for me it would seem to defeat the point.

But I guess if you need to give a piece of paper to someone then it would be useful.

Regards

Chris

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#6 peterfmartin

peterfmartin

• Title: Hard to say
  • 970 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

I'm with the others: I've so far never had a reason to print an Evernote note, and I hope never to have one.
Using Mac version 3.2.0 beta 1 on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), web occasionally, and Chrome clipper (and Windows once upon a time).

Information and help: Getting Started | Knowledge Base (note: often wrong or outdated) | Evernote Support for customer support

#7 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

I do, sure, sometimes. Usually for work stuff, sometimes it helps if I have a printout that I can scrawl on. Or sometimes screen-caps (using Evernote, of course!) of something I am working on (helped me out a lot with a problem I had displaying rotated maps, I could draw on them easily),

Also while we've been house-hunting, I print out the listing for houses we're visiting so I can scribble things the seller's broker tells us.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#8 May

May

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well, I had to print a couple of notes for other people but that's about it. I don't print for myself.

#9 Owyn

Owyn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Evernote Geek
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

Ditto. I purchased a new package of paper about 3 months ago when I was down to about 10 pages left in my laser. Still have not opened the new pack.
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests

Premium User
Ubuntu 12.04/10.04 + various other Linux distro (Web client & VirtualBox XP SP3 ENW)
Windows 7 SP1 & XP SP3 (EN 4.5.8.7356)
iPod Touch 2G (iOS 4.2.1, EN 4.1.9) / Blackberry Playbook (OS 2.0.1, EN 1.3)
Latest stable browsers & clippers(Chrome(default), Firefox, IE8/9)

#10 TechBarber

TechBarber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Sometimes, but only at work. I scan all my eating notes or software requirements that I write down into my paper notebook and scan to Evernote.mdown the road, I sometimes have to go back to my old notes or view an old checklist and I'll sometimes print the stuff out to take to a meeting. I need to get better at keying things directly into Evernote but I don't always have a computer with me at work so it's sometimes difficult.

My Blog (Technology/Evernote) - http://www.TechBarber.com
Evernote vs Dropbox & The Differences Explained - http://www.techbarbe...se-effectively/
Evernote Organization - A Beginners Guide - http://www.techbarbe...eginners-guide/

Evernote Smart Notebook Review - http://www.techbarbe...n-everyday-guy/

#11 AndyC

AndyC

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

I have a couple of checklists in Evernote (e.g., for camping gear). I often print them because it's easier to have a pen and paper with me as I'm packing gear. I also find some times it's just easier to work from paper, or to scribble on the notes and record the outcome later.

#12 John Atkinson

John Atkinson

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

I actually do print notes for the Tech shows I do especially when travelling as I only take the iPad and the bluetooth case/keyboard with me but this may only be once a month sometimes more but thats not often. I have not had any problems with the size of the font the only thing I do change is to change to grayscale printing.

#13 davidweiss07

davidweiss07

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

I used to print everything to keep it safe somewhere but actually I think these days printing is going to die out! I don´t want to have piles of paper lying around anymore so I try to keep my life as paperless as it can be :)

#14 AndyC

AndyC

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hello all Evernote lovers, I am curious if you ever print your notes?
I do it rarely and am always surprised by how big the fonts are.
If you are printing then what types of notes are they- you have written them yourselves or its clipped content? Thx!

Yes, but rarely, and usually when it's something like a list of camping gear so I can use a real pen while packing it all in the car.

#15 h10n

h10n

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

So far I have never printed anything out of Evernote. Actually I just recently went the other way around and now even replaced my sketching input from pen & paper to Paper and Penultimate which I then import into EN :-)

The only use-case I'd have for printing out notes is for travel information like hotel reservations and things like that. But for these I have an iPad.

#16 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Good point, h10n.
Technology replaced the buggy whip.
It replaced the pen and paper. (when was the last time you hand-wrote a letter)
And now it is replacing the printer. (those $29 ink cartridges also helped)

Even newspapers are heading the way of the dodo.
http://www.evernote....38520264195a4e9

#17 Helena_S

Helena_S

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

No I never print notes; I think the whole idea of Evernote is to move information from paper to digital world, it becomes rarer to do the reverse way.

Off the topic for another related feature: note sharing has been pretty handy.

#18 Tetiana

Tetiana

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

I regularly print notes for my classes (worksheets, exercises etc). I would probably use print function even more often but for 2 inconveniences:

1) there's no possibility to print a selected page (I'd have to print all pages in a note)

2) the font on the printed hard copies is condensed, although it is totally normal on the screen

#19 Martin Packer

Martin Packer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

I almost never print notes. If I do it's when I need something where I wouldn't normally have an electronic device. For example going through airport security and also Immigration.

With the advent of tablet computers (in my case iPads) the cases where I need to have a paper copy to hand are few and far between. Even on the passenger seat of a rental car is obsolete.

#20 Claire Jackson

Claire Jackson

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

Sometimes i use to print it and i use number 16 fonts for the letter.Anyway i am new here and i am claire.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: print

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote