(Archived) HOWTO: Add existing PDFs to Evernote [ANSWERED]

enelce

Idea

Might be a noob question but I just installed Evernote and I've been trying and failing to add existing PDFs in my hard drive to it. Is there something that I'm overlooking?

Evernote ver 3.0.6

OSX ver 10.7.3

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Might be a noob question but I just installed Evernote and I've been trying and failing to add existing PDFs in my hard drive to it. Is there something that I'm overlooking?

Evernote ver 3.0.6

OSX ver 10.7.3

hi. welcome to the forums! there are two main methods:

1. drag the pdf from its location on your hard drive into one of your notebooks (shown on the left side of the screen).

2. drag the pdf from its current location on your hard drive into one of your notes (shown on the right side of the screen).

see this site for unclear screenshots (dragging into application icon)

http://evernote.tumb...account-you-can

you can also use the web interface

http://blog.evernote...le-attachments/

• Level 5*

Thanks. Finally got it to work. I've been dragging it to the wrong part and it kept bouncing back.

no worries. it can be difficult to figure the interface out at first. one tip: title your pdfs, perform optical character recognition (if you want it to be immediately searchable), do page flipping, and save annotations before putting things into evernote. you cannot change the title later (on mac), but you can change the content. however, that will require you to upload the entire file each time.

• Level 5*

Thanks. Finally got it to work. I've been dragging it to the wrong part and it kept bouncing back.

You can also use the Evernote menu:

1. Select the Note you want

2. File > Attach Files ...

This will allow you to attach one or more files at the same time.

I just started using Evernote (3.3.1 on a mac) and like it a lot. One question I have is if I add existing documents to Evernote, does it make duplicates of the original files somewhere. I have thousands of PDF documents that I want to add to Evernote (previously I used YEP to manage those) but don't want to duplicate everything by adding it to Evernote, so if it does save it somewhere can I safely delete the original documents after I added it?

Archived