Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

1.1.2 Bug

food

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ShancesFoodTour

ShancesFoodTour

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

I have been having problems for days now, my meals are not syncing. Most of my meals have a red sync bar in the corner and there all frozen. I never had this problem before. Can someone help me please.

#2 Naomi

Naomi

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Yes, this is a bug, but we have a workaround in the meantime for you to sync your pending meals.

1.) Launch the unsynced meal
2.) Tap the "share" button in the bottom right of the meal page
3.) Either share the meal (via email, facebook, or twitter) or simply tap "Cancel"

Your meals should then sync successfully.

#3 ShancesFoodTour

ShancesFoodTour

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

That worked. Ill keep doing that until an update. Thank you very much.

#4 texasguy77

texasguy77

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

Ugh! now i read this and its too late for me. I had the same problem and I logged out and logged back in and all of my unsync meals have vanished. :(

#5 macfixer

macfixer

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Yes, this is a bug, but we have a workaround in the meantime for you to sync your pending meals.

1.) Launch the unsynced meal
2.) Tap the "share" button in the bottom right of the meal page
3.) Either share the meal (via email, facebook, or twitter) or simply tap "Cancel"

Your meals should then sync successfully.

Wasnt 1.1.2 supposed to fix this very bug?

kyle (macfixer) demilo
i fix stuff :-)
http://MadeOn.LI

#6 knuddelbacke

knuddelbacke

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

wth is going on here, this bug is so frustrating - no news since weeks ... i'm very annoying
the workaround sometimes works, sometimes not and sometimes all falls back
please do something!

#7 j_w

j_w

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Evernote Food had finally begun syncing for me again ... until last week, when it stopped again. Worse: When using the "workaround" described above, Evernote managed to completely delete my meal from both Evernote Food and the main Evernote app, so my data is completely gone. Since the whole reason people use Evernote products is to save and sync data, this behavior goes well beyond "bug" and into "fundamentally broken app." People shouldn't use it. Evernote shouldn't distribute it until it works.

Also, another problem surfaced last week: When attempting to edit the meal title field, the on-screen keyboard kept spontaneously closing, often within a fraction of a second of opening. And when open, it was incredibly laggy and unresponsive. As a result, entering a title was essentially impossible.

I love the idea of Evernote Food. It's visually quite attractive, and the feature set is strong. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The fact that Evernote inflicts it on unsuspecting customers anyway makes me question the trustworthiness of the main app and the company behind it.

#8 Naomi

Naomi

• 210 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

Evernote Food had finally begun syncing for me again ... until last week, when it stopped again. Worse: When using the "workaround" described above, Evernote managed to completely delete my meal from both Evernote Food and the main Evernote app, so my data is completely gone. Since the whole reason people use Evernote products is to save and sync data, this behavior goes well beyond "bug" and into "fundamentally broken app." People shouldn't use it. Evernote shouldn't distribute it until it works.

Also, another problem surfaced last week: When attempting to edit the meal title field, the on-screen keyboard kept spontaneously closing, often within a fraction of a second of opening. And when open, it was incredibly laggy and unresponsive. As a result, entering a title was essentially impossible.

I love the idea of Evernote Food. It's visually quite attractive, and the feature set is strong. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The fact that Evernote inflicts it on unsuspecting customers anyway makes me question the trustworthiness of the main app and the company behind it.

Thanks for the feedback. Apologies for the issues you are facing -- we're working had to resolve them.

- We assure you that the sharing workaround does not delete your meals. Meals can only be deleted in one of two ways: 1.) by tapping the "delete" button on a given meal and confirming the deletion or 2.) if you logout/uninstall the app while you still have unsynced meals (marked by an orange design with a sync icon in the top, right corner of your meal), those unsynced meals will not be retained.

- The keyboard spontaneously closing is something we haven't been able to reproduce in testing. Can you please provide a log so we can troubleshoot the issue?
Please go to Settings --> Activity Log --> Email and email the log directly to: evernotefood-iosbeta@evernote.com ; if you don't mind adding extra information to the email, it would be extra helpful to know 1.) how many images the meal has and 2.) whether the meal has related notes associated with it

Many thanks for helping us do what we can to improve your Evernote experience.

#9 j_w

j_w

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

- We assure you that the sharing workaround does not delete your meals. Meals can only be deleted in one of two ways: 1.) by tapping the "delete" button on a given meal and confirming the deletion or 2.) if you logout/uninstall the app while you still have unsynced meals (marked by an orange design with a sync icon in the top, right corner of your meal), those unsynced meals will not be retained.

And I assure you, you are wrong. Here's exactly what happened:
1) Created Meal in Evernote Food.
2) It wouldn't sync, so I successfully forced a sync using the workaround.
3) Updated the Meal in Evernote Food.
4) It wouldn't sync, so I forced a sync using the workaround. But this time it didn't work -- the note didn't update in the main Evernote App. Tried again. Still didn't work.
5) Deleted the meal note from the main Evernote app, planning to then force a sync from Evernote Food to get the updated note into the main Evernote app. Instead, Evernote Food downloaded headers and deleted the meal.

The Meal was deleted in Evernote Food as a result of sync problems between Evernote Food and Evernote. At no time did I tap the "Delete" button in Evernote Food, or logout or uninstall the app. And yet, the Meal is gone. Therefore, your list of ways Meals can be deleted is incomplete.

- The keyboard spontaneously closing is something we haven't been able to reproduce in testing. Can you please provide a log so we can troubleshoot the issue?
Please go to Settings --> Activity Log --> Email and email the log directly to: evernotefood-iosbeta@evernote.com ; if you don't mind adding extra information to the email, it would be extra helpful to know 1.) how many images the meal has and 2.) whether the meal has related notes associated with it

Sure, I'll get right on that. But first, I should note that when I submitted a support ticket, describing both problems as I have on this message board, the response I got simply said "Unfortunately this is not something I can fix for you at this time." There was no request for log files or any real indication that anyone cared at all. Not exactly the "top priority support" described in the Evernote Premium marketing materials. But now that I publicly describe the problem, y'all are suddenly interested in taking a look. Good to know.

#10 Naomi

Naomi

• 210 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

And I assure you, you are wrong. Here's exactly what happened:
1) Created Meal in Evernote Food.
2) It wouldn't sync, so I successfully forced a sync using the workaround.
3) Updated the Meal in Evernote Food.
4) It wouldn't sync, so I forced a sync using the workaround. But this time it didn't work -- the note didn't update in the main Evernote App. Tried again. Still didn't work.
5) Deleted the meal note from the main Evernote app, planning to then force a sync from Evernote Food to get the updated note into the main Evernote app. Instead, Evernote Food downloaded headers and deleted the meal.

The Meal was deleted in Evernote Food as a result of sync problems between Evernote Food and Evernote. At no time did I tap the "Delete" button in Evernote Food, or logout or uninstall the app. And yet, the Meal is gone. Therefore, your list of ways Meals can be deleted is incomplete.

You are correct; my list was focused on actions within the Evernote Food app only. I was not aware that you had deleted the note from the main Evernote client. That action would delete the note as well.

#11 pengchiew

pengchiew

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Also, another problem surfaced last week: When attempting to edit the meal *****le field, the on-screen keyboard kept spontaneously closing, often within a fraction of a second of opening. And when open, it was incredibly laggy and unresponsive. As a result, entering a *****le was essentially impossible.

Thanks for the feedback. Apologies for the issues you are facing -- we're working had to resolve them.

i am also experiencing the same problem. however when i select the "share" option, the "syncing changes..." message appears instead of the option to select the method i want to share out. the "syncing changes..." message appears for a few seconds and then disappears. But no sync was executed :(

Evernote Food for Android
Brand: samsung
Model: GT-N7000
Network operator: 50212 / MY MAXIS
Android version: 4.0.3
Evernote version: 1.0.1
Evernote revision: 257588
Evernote type: public
Evernote username: pengchiew
Internal storage: 630 MB / 1 GB
External storage: 2 GB / 11 GB
SDCardStatus:null

Note count=10
Res count=27
Checking DB status
Path from db instance=/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.evernote.food/files/u01/meta.sqlite
Version=2
Is Read only=false

#12 pengchiew

pengchiew

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Attached File  logs.zip   248.84KB   0 downloadsthis is very frustrating. If i turn off my phone, all my non-sync postings will be gone. i definitely wont sign up for the premium until the app is stable. anyway log file attached for your action. thanks.Attached File  logs.zip   248.84KB   0 downloads

#13 pengchiew

pengchiew

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

"Unknown error u#" Got this message when i tried syncing a 2nd meal on my iphone 4. 1st meal was ok, could sync to facebook as well. but a second meal gave this error. However in the evernote app (NOT Evernote Food) itself, i could see the postings **sans** photos!! wth is going on???

#14 pengchiew

pengchiew

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Also, another problem surfaced last week: When attempting to edit the meal *****le field, the on-screen keyboard kept spontaneously closing, often within a fraction of a second of opening. And when open, it was incredibly laggy and unresponsive. As a result, entering a *****le was essentially impossible.

i am also experiencing the same problem. however when i select the "share" option, the "syncing changes..." message appears instead of the option to select the method i want to share out. the "syncing changes..." message appears for a few seconds and then disappears. But no sync was executed :(

Evernote Food for Android
Brand: samsung
Model: GT-N7000
Network operator: 50212 / MY MAXIS
Android version: 4.0.3
Evernote version: 1.0.1
Evernote revision: 257588
Evernote type: public
Evernote username: pengchiew
Internal storage: 630 MB / 1 GB
External storage: 2 GB / 11 GB
SDCardStatus:null

Note count=10
Res count=27
Checking DB status
Path from db instance=/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.evernote.food/files/u01/meta.sqlite
Version=2
Is Read only=false

solved. everything back to normal now. thanks. was it the facebook connectivity issue or the evernote server issue?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote