REQUEST: Mind Mapping

cgalli

Idea

Hello

Evernote is a very good tool for me and I use it daily to gather my thoughts and ideas.

While listing a few items today, it occurred to me that a MindMap tool or editor would be the perfect addition to evernote. structured lists could be derived from it and vice versa.

Any chance of getting something like this?

Regards

Christophe

• Like 6

Spent the last several days using Mohiomap. Being a longtime educator, "I must give it a grade".....drum roll.  A+

It can find anything in your Evernote database, and lightning fast. I have 3300+ notes and first started out with the simple searches, boom, there they were! I have one notebook called Library and within it are many pdf files. One area is for manuals of home items and such. A manual for a home thermostat is written in three languages, I picked out one word in German. Added it to the search area of Mohiomap and there it was, on the screen and telling me which manual I could find the word in question.

Looking forward to all of the new features this team will add to future versions. I don't work for this company and never hear of them until the other day.

Regards,
David in Wichita

Thanks a lot for the great review, David!

If you have any particular suggestions about new features that would make Mohiomap more useful for you, let me know - or use the Feedback option right inside the app to get in touch with us. 

Are there any specific use-cases in the education sector that you could think of?

Thanks, 

Christian

Thanks for your suggestion! I haven't seen that on our upcoming list, but its been noted.

I think it should strongly be considered: where tags could be viewed as nodes w/in a "mind map." I think Evernote is ignoring the ever so massive film industry. I'm currently writing a TV show in EN b/c the structure of the software is so perfect for building out many scenes and characters that can be puzzled together as they come to life. 

I just wish for the day when my notes will structure dialogue, action, and slug-lines for me. And when I struggle with the season 2 finale I can flick my tags to mind map view, see the big picture, then flick back and write a well constructed episode that encompasses the entirety of the series.  

Evernote is wonderfully intuitive for a creative writer and it's worth developing a unique notebook solely for screenwriters. Put Final Draft out of business. 

You can use a third-party Mindmapping application, and then drag the map files into Evernote if you have a Premium subscription. Then you can double-click to open them again in that application.

Hi , can you suggest us one application for mind maps that already have the integration feature with evernote?

Thanks!

You can use a third-party Mindmapping application, and then drag the map files into Evernote if you have a Premium subscription. Then you can double-click to open them again in that application.

Hi , can you suggest us one application for mind maps that already have the integration feature with evernote?

Thanks!

What Dave was referring to is the same thing you can do with Word, Excel, video, etc files.  You store the file in an Evernote note & then double click on the attachment icon.  The associated app will be invoked & open the file.  His post is old, so the part about a premium account no longer applies, since free accounts can add any file type now.

ConceptDraw MINDMAP v7 is integrated with a single click into Evernote, (not do this, do that, then do that).  The ConceptDraw MINDMAP product information can be found in "The Trunk" http://trunk.evernote.com/app/conceptdraw-mindmap/mac

ConceptDraw MINDMAP supports Mac and PC, ConceptDraw has academic pricing for licenses available. Perpetual liscense, no charge technical support (web ticket and toll-free phone). Can also open and save in Mindjet map format.

• Like 1

thanks BurgersNFries! I was thinking in something like Skitch integration or PDF files, that we can view the content, not just the file icon.

thanks olinr, i'll try it.

There are several types of way to use ConceptDraw MindMap and Evernote.  The "Add Document" setting sends to Evernote an image of the mind map, the text from the mind map in outline format, and the file itself.  That way you have complete access to information. Of course you can then share your map content with others.

Thanks for trying it.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  I raised this ages ago - I've been a long-time advocate of mind -mapping and use it for anything new or complicated.  Evernote's database and search functions are two aspects of a potentially killer MM app - all you need is the GUI.  However while the Powers that Be have discussed the topic we don't know if there's any planned development.  And Evernote typically don't share or discuss future plans.  Thanks for raising it again though.

You can of course attach your mindmap files to notes in their native format,  and as OCR-able pictures to help with the management of a large library of files. But beware that maps which have sub-maps don't like being stored anywhere but on your hard drive.  You'd lose the link.  Single files just open in the app when clicked and save back to the note when closed,  like any other files created with proprietary software.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I really wish there was a mind map feature in Evernote. But there no, so:

I am looking for a mind map application that I somehow can use with Evernote, preferably bith on my Macbook and iPhone.

So I am looking for a mindmap app where I can save the mindmap file in an Evernote note, and then open the file on my Mac or iPhone and edit the mind map, and then when I click save the changes are saved in the file in Evernote.

Does this app even exist? :)

I have tried Mindnode which is nice and minimalistic, but unfortunately Evernote imports its files as .zip-files, so I cannot open them directly from Evernote :(

Thank you!

Best regards,

Nikolaj de Haan

• Like 1

Hi Nikolaj, 

There are a few mindmapping tools which integrate with Evernote, have you tried any of these?

- ConceptDraw http://trunk.evernote.com/app/conceptdraw-mindmap/mac (this one is available for Mac and seems to be doing what you described)

- Mindjet http://trunk.evernote.com/app/mindjet/web-apps

Also have a look at our Mohiomap (http://trunk.evernote.com/app/mohiomap/web-apps) - while it's not a mindmapping application, we are working on features which allow to edit similar to mindmaps..

Regards, 

Christian

• Like 2

Hi Dallonc, what have you learned from your tests of mindmapping tools? Please share.

What are the mindmapping tools people are using to integrate with Evernote? I've been testing Mindomo, XMind, and Curio (Mac only). I'm looking for something where, at a minimum, I can either link to a web-based map or easily open a mindmap in Evernote to edit. I use mindmaps a lot to brainstorm new project ideas, and I use Evernote for my GTD and my general "hub" application. Thanks!

Hi

I've tried a bunch of mindmapping tools such MindManager, FreeMind, etc and now I use Mindomo on my MacBook and Android phone. I rate it highly. There is also an iOS app. I just tried saving, opening and saving from Evernote and it worked fine.

--

Rgds

Mark

@markg

www.reallifeselling.com

• Like 1

Hi

I've tried a bunch of mindmapping tools such MindManager, FreeMind, etc and now I use Mindomo on my MacBook and Android phone. I rate it highly. There is also an iOS app. I just tried saving, opening and saving from Evernote and it worked fine.

--

Rgds

Mark

@markg

www.reallifeselling.com

Mindomo looks nice. However, I cannot get it working in my iPhone, is it only for iPad?

Best regards,

Nikolaj

I don't use iOS myself so can't say for sure. Certainly on Android there is a scaling issue. It runs on my Nexus 4 phone but is almost too small to use. On my Nexus 7 tablet it's fine. Maybe the same issue exists on iPhone. Having said that it can import and export in some standard formats like FreeMind and MindManager so there may be an app that you could use on your iPhone that would work with Mindomo on Mac.

--
Cheers
Mark

"Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

Hi Nikolaj, 

There are a few mindmapping tools which integrate with Evernote, have you tried any of these?

- ConceptDraw http://trunk.evernot...raw-mindmap/mac (this one is available for Mac and seems to be doing what you described)

- Mindjet http://trunk.evernot...indjet/web-apps

Also have a look at our Mohiomap (http://trunk.evernot...hiomap/web-apps) - while it's not a mindmapping application, we are working on features which allow to edit similar to mindmaps..

Regards, 

Christian"

Christian, what is the most expeditious method to combine nodes within the mohiomap? I am brand new to your app and a relative beginner with EN. I would like to organize the data I have captured before plunging further into info overload. Any hints?  Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

Mohiomap is exactly the kind of mindmapping software I have been looking for! It is wonderful for organizing my notebooks in Evernote, but I would love to be able to use it to brainstorm and plan out my writing projects. I use Windows and have tried several different types of mindmapping software, but I keep running into the same problem; either it's not compatible with Evernote or it doesn't work for my needs. There seems to be a lot of great products out there for Mac users, but not so many for Windows.

In a similar vein, I was disappointed when I realized I couldn't apply the strategy described in John Castle's great post about using Evernote for writing because he was using a Mac. http://johncastlewriter.com/2013/08/21/evernote-a-writers-second-brain/

So I would definitely like to cast my vote for new Mohiomap features that would allow for regular mindmapping in Evernote! ConceptMind looks like the only other option available for Windows at the moment, but I'd rather hold out if possible because Mohiomap would be perfect with those upgrades. 

Thank you for the fantastic product!

• Like 2

This would be a game changer for me. I use evernote as a repository for stuff, rather than primarily working in it, as I do all my thinking in mind maps. Please please please sort this one out - very good open source mind maps out there to base it on.

"Christian, what is the most expeditious method to combine nodes within the mohiomap? I am brand new to your app and a relative beginner with EN. I would like to organize the data I have captured before plunging further into info overload. Any hints?  Thanks

Andy"

Hi Andy, 

I am not quite sure what you mean by 'combining nodes'? Do you generally mean the connections shown in Mohiomap? 

I would say Mohiomap is currently optimized for using a "reasonable" amount of tags for categorising notes - that is, if you use tags for your notes you get a great overview within Mohiomap (in the notebook view). There are different ways of using the app, though, and even when not using any tags you will get a good overview (we group notes by date in that case).

Not letting you notebooks grow too large might be another good guideline - i.e. breaking them up into seperate notebooks and stacks is another high-level way of structuring notes, and this will be visible via Mohiomap as well. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions :)

=========

"Mohiomap is exactly the kind of mindmapping software I have been looking for! It is wonderful for organizing my notebooks in Evernote, but I would love to be able to use it to brainstorm and plan out my writing projects. I use Windows and have tried several different types of mindmapping software, but I keep running into the same problem; either it's not compatible with Evernote or it doesn't work for my needs. There seems to be a lot of great products out there for Mac users, but not so many for Windows.

So I would definitely like to cast my vote for new Mohiomap features that would allow for regular mindmapping in Evernote! ConceptMind looks like the only other option available for Windows at the moment, but I'd rather hold out if possible because Mohiomap would be perfect with those upgrades. 

Thank you for the fantastic product!"

Hi Shannon, 

Thanks a lot for your kind words! :)

Regarding your feature suggestion, this is actually a much demanded feature and we are working on editing functionality. Our tagging feature is a first step into that direction (see https://moh.io/mohiomap-blog/new-actionable-feature-tagging/), more to come!

Thanks, 

Christian

Hi

I'm finding a use for integrating Mindmaps into Evernote, marking them up and then identifying tags and links with other existing material.

Here for instance is a mindmap of stuff going on that resulted from issues thrown up in a business review.

I may now go back and write other notes around it, linking back with copy note links.

Freemind may not be as glossy as all the commercial tools, but once you make a mind map, you can attach the file to a note and then edit it from the note. As an opensource tool, it often acts as an exchange format. Thus, you may find your glossy presentation styler can import freemind format mindmaps. 

Software for mind-maps seems to miss the point. I usually draw mine on paper, and then scan them as a PDF, and the mark-up the PDF with comments that Evernote can make sense of....

I scan mindmaps but in jpg and then markup with Skitch

I have the same problem, but found a workaround:

1. Export a map from Mindjet for Android as file, and create a new note in Evernote

2. open the map-attachment in Evernote with Mindjet for Android

3. After you edited the mindmap, you have to use the "export" function of Mindjet for Android again, and create a new note with the mindmap attached.

This way, you will not loose your modifications.

I store my mindmaps in Dropbox. If I do the work-process like described, Mindjet for Android will sync my modifications also into Dropbox.

The problem that I see is that Evernote for Android uses the cached file instead of the "real" one. It will save the modifications once, but not if I do further ones.

I assume the reason to be that I can only open the attached mindmap-file by clicking on "View" instead of "Edit", since I can only choose Mindjet for Android after clicking on "View".

If someone found a better explanation or workaround, I would very much appreciate an answer!

Thanks!

Evernote should be making mindmaping extension on their own. It would be so supercool being able to connect notes into mindmap and then use mindmap as launcher for notes. Also exploring connection between notes would be very useful. At the end of the day thats why one takes notes and making notebooks and stacks ... its about seeing the bigger picture.

I use Evernote to plan out a lot of things like workflow, coding algorithms, writing an engineering paper or solving a complicated problem, managing a group of co-workers in two projects. 
It would be great if we could draw mind-maps or work-flow charts like things - within Evernote. It would help me to plan my tasks and manage stuff better. 

-ssc

• Level 5

I don't think that will happen. EN is not trying to be a "universal" piece of software that can do everything (badly).

It is designed to collect and retrieve information with speed and ease.

You CAN use a third-party mind mapping tool and drag the files into EN. Once there you can click on that file and your external software will open for working with mindmaps.

Wern

• Like 1

Ya, that makes sense to me. 

Sometimes I fancy if Evernote would come up with their own operating system which is dedicated wholly to office work and productivity with all features like being to able to email and manage files from within the software and stuff like that! LOL.

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  +10 for that,  though it doesn't appear to be Evernote's way to 'bloat' its software with extra functions.  Check out the App Center as evidence of that approach and ConceptDraw Mindmap as a possible candidate..  There's also a card-based option (currently very beta) that looks interesting in carddesk

Quick thread update: for those of you looking for Ashley and his app CardDesk, which used to have a home in the mind mapping discussion here, it has been moved back to the third party applications area here: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51427-carddesk-a-visual-organiser-for-evernote/

Apologies to Ashley, he'd set up a thread originally over there and we a tad over zealously moved it over to the Lifestyles section.  Carry on, and feel free to say hi to Ashley over in Third Party App discussions.

Hello all,

Longtime EN user but first query here so forgive me if this has been oft queried before.

Does anyone do any decent mind-mapping save to Evernote? It's one of those things that would be *incredibly useful* as an official Evernote extension, but meanwhile I've searched but found nothing that does any basic "Save in to" options.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cait.

Hello Cait,

Welcome to the Forum.

Personally,  I use MindMeister, but the integration to EN is static, what means that you can attach a EN note but it uploads the content of the note. If you change the note the changes will not appear in MindMeister.

AFAIK MindManager has an EN integration too.

You may find more mindmap applications that integrate in this thread.

I think you're out of luck there. What I have done on occasion is create a mind map with the Skitch tools on a blank background image... however one cannot create links in the text in annotation mode. 

I think, for now, the best you can do is copy an outline into Evernote (from, say, WorkFlowy)... and do linking from there... but that's not exactly mind mapping.

How about doing the whole thing in reverse?... Why not pop your EN note link into a mind-map node?... It should open the note within the Evernote app easily on mobile device. You should be able to do this with MindMeister, for instance. I do this all the time with apps such as Trello and my iOS Calendar app.

In that sense... keep the spatial thinking in an app that specializes in that, and have the added benefit of accessing your notes in EN. 

• Like 1

You may want to do a google on "evernote mind map".

A Google search reveals:

1. Mohiomap - something I've tinkered with, but not in line with what @flebber is looking for
  2. ConceptDraw - a heavy piece of Mac/ Windows software that has a limited trial period before you need to pay for a license. I have downloaded and installed it... just need to tinker with it. The Evernote app Center gives a very attractive review, though. Seems, at face value to offer what @flebber might need.

Good work Frank!

I'm not sure if I was clear, but my suggestion was for flebber.

But I'm glad you found something potentially useful.

Carry on.   ;)

Hey JMichael, 

I was just "thinking out aloud"  :P

As per your suggestion, it's amazing what a simple Google search can reveal. I personally didn't know about ConceptDraw. 

You can also try http://infranodus.com

It visualizes your notes as a network graph, using the words and hashtags as the nodes and their co-occurrences as the connections between them. 

You can then see how they all your notes connect, what are the most relevant terms (in context!), and find some gaps in the graph to generate new ideas.

I made a post about it also on our blog, so you can look through and see if it's something you'd like: http://noduslabs.com/cases/evernote-iphone-notes-text-network-graph/

The app is free and open source (so you can install it on your computer), but to use our server version you need to contact me for an invite code. 

• Like 2

Try http://infranodus.com

It creates a mindmap from the words and hashtags you use in your notes and lets you see how they all connect.

I made a post about it on our blog, so you can look through and see if it's something you'd like: http://noduslabs.com/cases/evernote-iphone-notes-text-network-graph/

The app is free and open source (so you can install it on your computer), but to use our server version you need to contact me for an invite code. 

nice to find folks in the mindmap conversation! :)

if you're open to a 2.5D representation, you might want to look at TheBrain - I've been using it since 1999.

You can insert "note links" into nodes like this one:

https://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/498E34F8-61E2-C7AF-70B7-7E8281379166/thought/1#-2768

my biggest pet peeve is link rot in Evernote is a more common occurrence than I like to admit - moving notes around notebooks (esp between personal and business) changes the note link URL despite the note having a GUID (my current understanding) - this is a topic for another thread - just be aware of it if you haven't discovered it already.

So I'm currently evaluating if Postach.io is a solution for this:

https://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/498E34F8-61E2-C7AF-70B7-7E8281379166/thought/1#-2851

feel free to poke around - TheBrain is really flexible tool and easier experienced than explained!!

• Like 2

Holy smokes! TheBrain looks amazing. The good thing about Postach.io is that you shouldn't have a problem with broken links. The post URLs are predictable because they come directly from The Evernote note titles... So the exact same URL can be replaced/ fixed if need be. If that makes any sense. I'll have to see how Postach.io fits into TheBrain.

• Level 5

Hello...Do you have any updated news about how to create mind mapping with notes from Evernote? I have tried the apps you suggested here...but any of them seem to be what I need.

I'm a PhD. student and this will really help me to do my work.

Thanks!

I find this to be a slippery topic.  "Integration" could mean just about anything.  To me, it would mean that I can embed a mind map in Evernote, edit it, and then save it back to Evernote.  I can't think of a reason to link an Evernote note to a MindMap, but I can think of a lot of reasons to have searchable, editable mind maps in Evernote.

This worked reasonably well for me using XMind on a Mac, but doesn't work on XMind for Windows right now.  (XMind will happilly save a map, but opening it through Evernote creates a new copy of the map.)  I also use MindMeister, but it's Evernote integration is nonexistent from my perspective.

Hello

I've been looking for a long time for applications that can use Evernotes in a mindmap and I just can't find one.
Some apps export to Evernote but that can always be done via a jpg.
Others use opml interchange on the ipad (notably mindly and ideament)

mural.ly used to do it but no longer.
mohio is great but isnt a mindmap
Nothing Evernote in mindmeister
Conceptdraw only exports to Evernote
Xmind nothing doing
Freemind, no
Mindmapper no
Simplemind no
Mindly is great but no
Ideament no
MIndjet is export to Evernote only
Card Desk is good but you can't link notes in any meaningful way
Smartsheet is nice for attaching evernotes to a project plan
Droptask pro allows you tag notes for use but the interface again is not mindmappy

Anyone found anything? Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote is a database dressed up with some nice frills,  and its open API would allow MindMap software to save its nodes into the database and retrieve them for display;  but you'd still have to use that third party software to view the map.  If Evernote were to consider expanding their features to include a display of all notes in a MM layout (like MohioMap but 'proper' MindMapping),  they'd have to add a number of additional fields to the database to hold relationship information,  and build a whole new graphic display process to identify the notes and stitch them together in the proper layout,  plus allowing users to 'edit' those fields by moving nodes around in the graphics UI.

There is one contender so far - ConceptDraw*,  who partner with Evernote.

In my day job I teach a number of things,  including Evernote and Mind Mapping (Tools of choice:  Evernote - obviously,  and MindJet* or Freeplane).  Given the trouble I have getting the concepts across,  and explaining how to do that,  I suspect the only market for Evernote's MM display feature would be the people who already use Evernote and MM at a pretty advanced level. 

So far there's about ten of us (AFAIK :)) so I don't see the Evernote version happening overly soon,  unless they can persuade a MM software provider to partner with them and both companies pick up new customers through the collaboration.

I use Evernote by pasting the note links into my maps,  and by pasting a JPG of the map into a note.  There's no other current options that I'm aware of.

Previous discussions on this include: 

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/25608-request-mind-mapping/

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/53060-mind-map-software-any-that-integrate-save-to-that-you-know-of/

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/75790-use-mind-map-to-link-to-notes/

ConceptDraw and MindJet are subscription products.

• Like 1

xmind works pretty seamlessly and most importantly, it is free. It is also static but it is pretty smooth when you're done to just "save to evernote" directly into a notebook. 

I've used xmind for awhile and while not as "pretty" as many out there, I find it to be easy to use, utilitarian, and again the basic features are free.

Hello @hongsoo,

Thank you for posting and this would be a great addition to Evernote. While this is not built into Evernote, there is a third-party application called Mohiomap, which will connect directly into your Evernote. For more information about it, please click here.

• Level 5*

Mohiomap doesn't actually produce a mind-map layout.  It's a different and highly visual way to present your notes,  but a mind map it ain't. 

Note links from Evernote can be added to mind-map nodes so you can jump from one to the other,  and mind-map layouts an be saved as JPGs (and in other formats depending on your source software) into a note;  you can even save a mind-map in its source format into a note,  and edit it from the note (assuming you have the software installed on your device) - just double-click the file name to open it.

My MM of choice at the moment is FreePlane.

Previous discussions on this include:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/25608-request-mind-mapping/

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/53060-mind-map-software-any-that-integrate-save-to-that-you-know-of/

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/75790-use-mind-map-to-link-to-notes/

• Like 1
On 5/8/2013 at 8:00 AM, gbarry said:

Thanks for testing out David! 

Just wanted to chime in that the team from Mohio is a legitimate group doing very cool things--please feel free to check them out.  We'll pin this up for a bit in case anyone is interested in trying.  Cheers.

Mohio looked very interesting and promising and I have tried it several times.  Perhaps I lack the patience, but I don't see what it enables you to do.  All the nodes seem to constantly react to what you do.  No sooner do you begin to get an idea of the relationships they portray, then you do something and they all start re-orienting and flying around, leaving me uncertain what I'm seeing?  What am I missing about what Mohio does?

On 11/26/2013 at 0:03 PM, Wern said:

I don't think that will happen. EN is not trying to be a "universal" piece of software that can do everything (badly).

It is designed to collect and retrieve information with speed and ease.

You CAN use a third-party mind mapping tool and drag the files into EN. Once there you can click on that file and your external software will open for working with mindmaps.

Wern

"Collect and retrieve with speed and ease"?  Yes.

Intelligently collate?  Much more problematic.

I definitely would like to suggest Evernote to implement a mind map function to let users organize their idea. It will be much more helpful! And Graphs too! As graphical notes really help people to memorize and read easier

Also, I know Evernote is a US based company so the spelling auto correct system(frankly I am not sure whether it is one of the Evernote functions) will help when the writing is not correct in American grammar. However, for the sake of worldwide users, I suggest that Evernote can establish different country language grammar like UK grammar as I am British English user.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

I'll +1 for mind-mapping;  would be nice to be able to use a mind-map layout on notes to show the hierarchy and connections between them.  That would tie in though with a general revision of the way in which new notes and new links are created - how would I show that one note heading is a child link from another,  and a 'tag' style connection to several others?

Yup - a graph/networked view of notes would be fantastic. I'm doing a lot of linking between Neo4j and a exported HTML version of my evernotes which works well but is cumbersome.

I can also run lucene (elasticsearch) against the exported HTML to build concept maps. These should all be possible from within the Evernote application.

• Level 5*

A quick search of the forums suggests there have been around 140 separate threads requesting this in various OS's at various times.  Totally agree with you,  some kind of mind-map extension would be great to have...  hope Evernote can merge all these requests into one mega-thread!

• Level 5*

According to the Xmind site - (my emphasis)

Save your map as an Evernote note and share it so as to collaborate with others on a project more conveniently. You can save your map to the most popular note-taking tool as a large image, outline text, or even the .xmind file itself.

-which is exactly what I can do with Excel, Word, Freeplane (my favorite mind-mapper)... and any other third party software.

What I'd like to see is the option of data entry via the kind of freeform connections map that Xmind and Freeplane et al. support,  but with the nodes of information stored in Evernote notes.  This would give a MohioMap* style display as an option,  but also allow editing of individual nodes as simple notes.

* MohioMap?  Nope - that's a nice concept,  but absolutely not mind mapping either.

To give a short(ish) example:  I can start off with the concepts "suck squeeze pop phooey" and go on to name pretty much all of the components of an internal combustion engine.  Each one comes out of my monkey brain in random order - 'pop' is 'spark' and 'ignition' / 'phooey' is 'exhaust' and 'catalytic converter' but by drawing a spider diagram I can link each one to the relevant previous entry in a logical order.  Each one prompts another.  And I have a terrible memory.

It's a great way to pull a coherent description out of your head about anything from historical events to taking a picture with a DSLR.

And then when you have your individual nuggets of information about - let's say half frame sensors in DSLR,  you could edit that individual note / node with new/ corrected information.  The full map shows the connections between nuggets,  the notes would go into more detail.  Clicking between the two views would be the icing on the cake.

I agree it's a 'nice to have' and any developer out there 'should' be able to put something together using Evernote as data storage and piggy-backing the graphic display.  Maybe that's what Evernote are waiting for... ^_^

(I like mind maps.  Can you tell?) 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, cookieabby said:

Hi is there a mind map function in EN. I looked at the tutorial video and it suggests to click on the paperclip in EN. but when I do there is no option there it suggests to insert file.

There is no mind map function in EN

Not sure which tutorial you looked at, but the paperclip icon is used to add files as attachments to a note.  This is one of the strengths of the EN product.  The file attachment could be any format: image, PDF,  word-processing, spreadsheet ...including mind map

This means you can open the mind map file attachment in its native app, and have all the mind map functions

• Like 1

Let's make this request a little more a business case...

Dear Evernote product owners and business developers... I'm really prepared to pay 25 to 50% more when a very good Mindmap tool would be embedded in Evernote. Or Evernote should buy iMindQ for instance and just integrate it...

Thanks and Regards,

Peter