(Archived) BUG: Unusual text behavior when editing notes

Axelhander

Idea

I've been having two bizarre, irritating issues with Evernote for Mac for some time now.

________

The first is tough to describe, so here's an example.

Let's say a note looks like this:

Long story short:

this day could not get any better

If I was to backspace the second line to bring it up to the colon in the first, it SHOULD look like this:

Long story short: this day could not get any better

Instead, it looks like this:

this day could not get any better

Long story short:

The second line is actually *inserted* before the first.

________

The second issue involves cut and paste. It usually works, but sometimes, if I cut a line from a note and paste it elsewhere into the same note, the pasted line will arbitrarily appear in a specific place in the document instead of at the cursor.

Let's say this whole forum post was a note, and I cut the following line:

Misty likes Ash!

And I wanted to paste it before "The second issue" above. When the issue occurs, despite clicking where I want to paste and ensuring the text cursor is there, it would paste amongst the examples of the first issue above.

________

Please advise.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

i've reported this problem for both the ipad and mac. it is an old one and i have no solution. stripping the formatting and so forth does no good. sometimes, stripping the formatting (paste ino a text editor if you don't have an app installed) and opening a new note helps. sometimes.

one consequence of this behavior (for me) is that i cannot use evernote for lengthy writing, because i cannot edit. let's hope the next beta solves it !!!

• Level 5*

I observed the same behavior on windows 7 too. What helps is to close evernote and reopen. Very annoying.

Thank you. I will try that next time I come across the error. I have been contemplating moving to Windows, because I seemed to have less formatting problems there, but I guess I am going to face the same issues. Let's hope they are able to fix this!

I too have this problem. My most frequent headache is when I'm trying to create a simple list, and adding text to the end of a line. I cannot.

Example List:

UDP

WML

WSDL

XML

I type "( Web Services Description Language, " after WSDL, then I try to paste a URL, and close the paren, but it goes above.

So, I cut and paste it below, then try to backspace to join the lines. No, sorry, it moves it to above the WSDL line. I either have to cut the whole string, paste it into a text editor, edit it, then copy/cut and paste it back to Evernote. BLAH! Sorry. It is easier to use another tool for the job.

Archived