Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Other

REQUEST: Annotation and highlighting

clearly evernote clearly

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 fgh

fgh

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hello,
Please add a function to highlight and add comments to clearly pages, which could then be saved and printed. Thanks!

#2 peterfmartin

peterfmartin

• Title: Hard to say
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 970 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

Since highlighting doesn't yet exist on the Evernote desktop or web clients, I'm guessing this is, unfortunately, a long way away—if it ever comes.
Using Mac version 3.2.0 beta 1 on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), web occasionally, and Chrome clipper (and Windows once upon a time).

Information and help: Getting Started | Knowledge Base (note: often wrong or outdated) | Evernote Support for customer support

#3 Fbious

Fbious

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Yet it would be a nice addition.

#4 jbignert

jbignert

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

May I pick your brains on how you would want highlighting and annotation to work in Clearly. What are your expectations?

#5 peterfmartin

peterfmartin

• 970 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

I'd love it to work exactly as Diigo's highlighter. If other extensions worked in Clearly, I wouldn't even want this, since Diigo works perfectly.
Using Mac version 3.2.0 beta 1 on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), web occasionally, and Chrome clipper (and Windows once upon a time).

Information and help: Getting Started | Knowledge Base (note: often wrong or outdated) | Evernote Support for customer support

#6 ivan_PL

ivan_PL

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Hello there,

Highlight & comment functions are a MUST under this application. Also I would suggest the text to adjust as the browser page narrows or widens to the size of the page as would happen in any mobile browser.

#7 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,756 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Highlight & comment functions are a MUST under this application.

Yes!! Because no-one would use Evernote otherwise!!

Oh wait...

Seriously, they'd be useful, unquestionably.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#8 DrRWinters

DrRWinters

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'd love to be able to highlight excerpts of articles that I read using Evernote Clearly in a way that is similar to highlighting in kindle. Then be able to have an Evernote index of those highlights to refer to, again similar to the highlight and annotation functionality of kindle.

It would greatly improve the utility of Evernote as a research tool. It would allow search and review of key points of notes using tags.

#9 peterfmartin

peterfmartin

• 970 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

DrRWinters, I've merged your request onto this existing conversation. If I've misunderstood and you're actually asking for a different feature than what's requested above, please let me know and we can separate your post again.

#10 JonS

JonS

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

This would be unbelievably valuable. This is the number one feature I wish evernote had.

#11 novananda

novananda

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yes, PLEASE highlighting. Any way to dfifferentiate text and such by colors is key. I got very used to using such simple things in OneNote.

As for how it would work - like any other platform for the most part: drag the pointer over the text to be highlighted and release - and then choose a color from a menu at the top or from a right click context menu.

Thanks!

#12 Dongming

Dongming

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Please Support this feature ASAP!!

IT IS VERY USEFUL FOR NOTES!!! //I mean in evernote (not specifically 'clearly')
)

Thanks!

#13 MaryDough

MaryDough

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

I add my vote for the addition of highlighting. I was working on a note today that would have been much clearer if I had been able to highlight certain points. I ultimately changed the font color but it didn't have the same impact.

#14 suhrob

suhrob

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

I'm also voting for this feature! Using diigo and evernote is inconvenient - would loe to have this funtionality in evernote.

#15 FactMan

FactMan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 514 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

Progress, I guess! http://blog.evernote...nd-highlighter/. Now can we have the highlighter in the Win version of Evernote? Pretty please? This development does allow me to highlight notes before I add them to EN - would be wonderful to be able to highlight them once they are in my database ... Too much to expect? Thought so!

PS. Unfortunately, you can't select the highlighted text and copy that to a pre-existing note - the highlight is stripped out. Also, when you simplify formatting after clipping to EN the highlight is stripped out.

#16 Hassayampa_Slim

Hassayampa_Slim

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

Please :(... the same highlighting that we can now do in Windows Clearly... in Win Evernote. Even if it's just a button on the note page that would allow us to edit a note in Clearly using it's highlight feature, and then save it back to Evernote. We who have been loyal and patient would SO APPRECIATE IT. :rolleyes:

#17 wvdude

wvdude

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

I've been using Evernote for years, but have to say that I specifically don't use it in many situations simply because it is such a hassle to quickly highlight something. Sounds strange, I know...but it really is such a simple feature that I wonder if Apple snagged the patent on highlighting stuff years ago and that is why our friends at Evernote have yet to implement such a feature.

#18 JohnColl

JohnColl

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

Yes I was looking for this basic facility too. Really need it.

#19 ROSinclair

ROSinclair

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

I recently became a premium member and I am relying more and more on Evernote for my internet research. I was soooo... surprised to find no highlighter tool . This is a big missing! Please considering adding this feature soon.

#20 GymHero

GymHero

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Using diigo now but the UI's ugly. Can't believe why evernote doesn't support this basic function....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: other, clearly, evernote clearly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote