(Archived) HELP: Evernote not working

bilbobaggans

Idea

Just started Evernote today and the application opened but I don't see any content in either the left or the right panel. I installed the 3.0.7 beta 5 to see would that work but I get the same behaviour. If I launch Evernote on my windows machine or on the web all the notes are there so it seems to be just a mac issue.

I'm on iOS 10.6.8.

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Just started Evernote today and the application opened but I don't see any content in either the left or the right panel. I installed the 3.0.7 beta 5 to see would that work but I get the same behaviour. If I launch Evernote on my windows machine or on the web all the notes are there so it seems to be just a mac issue.

I'm on iOS 10.6.8.

hi bilbo. welcome to the forums.

assuming you entered the correct account information, you should be able to sync (as bnf suggested). is the wifi / internet connection working?

I'm on iOS 10.6.8.

hi bilbo. welcome to the forums.

assuming you entered the correct account information, you should be able to sync (as bnf suggested). is the wifi / internet connection working?

Thanks. Ya account info is correct. I'm using the same wifi connection to access this site so it is working. Also when I logon to the EN site I can see all my note there. Do you know if EN generate any log files that I could look at to see if it is reporting any faults.

• Level 5*

yes. i think if you look in preferences the account log is there. you could check it. you could download the beta version and give it a try as well. you could also make another account and see what happens. if two versions of evernote are not working for two different accounts, then you know something is likely wrong at your end.

yes. i think if you look in preferences the account log is there. you could check it. you could download the beta version and give it a try as well. you could also make another account and see what happens. if two versions of evernote are not working for two different accounts, then you know something is likely wrong at your end.

Yes I have looked in the preferences and my details are ok. I just did a sync there and it said it had downloaded 3 notes. I added those on my windows machine.

Not sure how to add images to the post but this is what the app looks like:

https://skitch.com/u.../81gu3/evernote

• Level 5*

Yes I have looked in the preferences and my details are ok. I just did a sync there and it said it had downloaded 3 notes. I added those on my windows machine.

i think it is definitely a good idea to contact evernote at this point. they could start a support ticket for you.

i think it is definitely a good idea to contact evernote at this point. they could start a support ticket for you.

Thanks for the help I'll do that

Ok I contacted Support and they gave me the answer. Something happened to my local db and it got corrupted.

Solution: Close Evernote. Move/Delete the Evernote folder from /Users/<your use name>/Library/Application Support/ Restart Evernote and it will resych.

Thanks guys for all the help.

Archived