Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Web

Delete evernote account

delete evernote account deactivation server storage space new

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chinosevernote

chinosevernote

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hi, I want to delete my evernote account and create another one, I know that deactivation is posible, but I don't want to use more storage space in their servers that I really need to. So I was wondering, if I delete all my notes, and deactivate my account, would it be like if I deleted my account? Would it still use storage space in their servers, or it would be minimal?

Thanks

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,765 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

I don't think that you need to worry about space on Evernote servers. They have, at a guess, 20 million or so users, including space for backups.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hi, I want to delete my evernote account and create another one, I know that deactivation is posible, but I don't want to use more storage space in their servers that I really need to. So I was wondering, if I delete all my notes, and deactivate my account, would it be like if I deleted my account? Would it still use storage space in their servers, or it would be minimal?

Thanks

You've got nothing to worry about here, but thank you for being considerate. If you delete your notes, they will be removed from the server. Though I'm sure there'd still be some space associated with your Note History.

But seriously, no worries. Feel free to deactivate your account and leave whatever you have in there.

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#4 chinosevernote

chinosevernote

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Thank you, now, how can I delete this forum user? When I deactivate my account, this user will be deleted?

#5 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

Thank you, now, how can I delete this forum user? When I deactivate my account, this user will be deleted?

When you deactivate your account your login is set in a locked status which makes it inaccessible.

Should you wish to remove all traces of yourself from our servers, simply change your email address/password as well before you deactivate, and unsubscribe from our newsletter. This will ensure that your email address will also be removed from the system.

If you wish to remove your username from our servers, you can request that we change it to "closed_<whatever>" so that the username is freed up. This is the absolute last step to disconnecting yourself forever from us.

Unfortunately, we cannot simply "delete" users at this time, but the act of deleting your data from our servers (and emptying it from the trash) will ensure that we do not have any backups that can be restored for you. And removing your email address will ensure that we cannot contact you in any way.

Note - changing your username will allow someone else to claim your username IMMEDIATELY. We hold usernames for primary users a courtesy in case users choose to return in the future. By completing all of these steps, you are certifying that you do not wish to ever be able to recover your original username.

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: web, delete, evernote, account, deactivation, server, storage, space, new

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote