REQUEST: Editable list of fonts in drop-down menu

Is there a way to make the default Mac family of fonts available for formatting, rather than their Windows cousins. For example, I'm not a big fan of Arial, I'd prefer to use Helvetica to format my notes, but it's not available to me in the drop-down menu.

True, but arobulack's question was about the drop-down menu. Currently on the Mac client you can add one single font to the drop-down menu, and only if you make it your default text font. That may work for arobulack, if s/he only wants Helvetica, and wants to always use it. But there's no way to add more than one additional font to the drop-down menu. The ability to customize this list has been requested before, but Evernote staff have not yet given any indication they may allow for this.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

The problem with this is encapsulated in the question "how do these notes look on other platforms when you change the font?" Might be a non-issue, of course.

A non-issue, in my experience. It works just the same as the complete selection of fonts on Windows. I haven't tried every font, of course, but it works fine on the iPad (for example).

The only thing to be careful about (for Mac or Windows) is your "default" font. If you set it to a monospace font like Courier New, when you open up the note on the iPad, it will display in Arial (I think). The iPad app sees "default" and uses its "default," which you cannot change, so it ends up Arial. It is quite annoying, of course, if you are picky about the layout of your notes. The solution is not to rely on the default font unless you have a passion for Arial, in which case you are in luck! It could be worse. The default on the iPad could be Comic Sans :)

• 5 months later...

I tried to follow your guide Grumpy but I don't have a 'Web' collection in Font Book. I tried to add it but it won't let me. I don't get an error or anything, the name just reverts back to 'Unnamed Collection' upon pressing return.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm running OSX 10.9.3 and Evernote 5.5.1.

Thanks, Nick

Not sure is this the proper way but at least it works for me.

Open "Font Book" and then add the fonts you like to the "Web" collection. Restart Evernote and you can see the added fonts in the drop down menu.

This is an old thread, but I thought I would revive it to remind everyone that we can customize the font menu, and to add a link to a blog post I just made with screenshots for anyone unfamiliar with Font Book. Thanks to eddie168 for letting us know about this!

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=1512

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2014 at 10:31 PM, nikku said:

I tried to follow your guide Grumpy but I don't have a 'Web' collection in Font Book. I tried to add it but it won't let me. I don't get an error or anything, the phen375 https://skinnyexpress.com/phen375-review name just reverts back to 'Unnamed Collection' upon pressing return.

Same thing here, I don't get an error either but it keeps reverting back to unnamed collection every time.

• 1 year later...

I'd like to change the text that is under the Navigation folder I created. For example it is titled "Services", but I would like the text that comes up under it to be a bit smaller and Italicized. Does anyone have a simple code to do this. New to CSS, any help is appreciated. 

go to this page
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 10/28/2012 at 12:29 AM, eddie168 said:

Not sure is this the proper way but at least it works for me.

Open "Font Book" and then add the fonts you like to the "Web" collection. Restart Evernote and you can see the added fonts in the drop down menu.

Thank you 2012 Eddie! This worked for me! 

- 2019 Andy

Archived