Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Other

Log past encounters

hello

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MarkSully

MarkSully

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hi,

It's not always feasible for me to create an encounter immediately in Hello (particularly with an existing contact where we might just be having a quick coffee meeting).
But I do want to log the meeting in Hello.
How can I connect a past meeting in my calendar with an encounter in Hello?
And also change the location as when I create an encounter it uses where I am when I create the encounter, which potentially is not actually where the meeting took place.

I'm really liking Hello for tracking and passing my meeting Notes into Evernote so many thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Mark

#2 jrcchicago

jrcchicago

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

I've got the same problem - sometimes I just can't get to it until the next day or two. I can still put the contact info into Hello, but because the date is off, the "related notes" function is all messed up. Being able to edit location in Hello is great, but it would be even better to be able to edit date & time of the encounter. Great product as is, of course.

#3 WoldemarII

WoldemarII

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Totally agree with
jrcchicago and MarkSully

Changing the date is a must have feature.

#4 Brian Drake

Brian Drake

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

Agree. All encounter information should be editable to allow adding past encounters. Date and location (address) should be editable fields.

#5 Priyan

Priyan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

This is precisely what I came here to say as well. I love the idea of Hello and it would be a great visual extension of one of the ways I already use Evernote, but I suspect it will only catch on for a number of users with the ability to create retrospective entries. I'm very unlikely to be able to get info filled out during an encounter, particularly if there are a number of people present, but typically I will review business cards / contacts the following day and wish to add them.

I am also much more likely to use a photo taken with another camera or from a social network rather than snapping one on my phone at the time I meet someone.

#6 WayneG

WayneG

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

I liked the idea of Evernote Hello, but after an hour or so of testing I deleted it. I suspect most people who chose to use the app will have a large number of contacts that they will want to enter into Hello. Contacts that they did not meet on the day their data was entered. IMO, this makes the "Met John Doe at 8:30" tag less than worthless when viewed at some future date. It makes it confusing.

I found Evernote useful enough to purchase a premium account almost immediately after downloading it, and hope that adding editing to Evernote Hello is near the top of the To Do list.

#7 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for the feedback we are looking into adding functionality to allow editing of the encounter date and location in an upcoming release.

@WayneG I think you may be looking at Hello in a slightly different manner. Hello isn't about replacing your contact list. Your contact list has a lot of integration with other apps (e.g. Outlook, contacts sync, other 3rd party apps) that we will never replace and don't want to replace because they already work very well other tasks except helping you remember people.

You are right that if we introduced a function to import ever bit of your address book into Hello in one shot, that most of the information Hello would generate is useless. This makes all the information such as the title "Met John at <time> at <place>", time and location worthless because its all the same OR worse, you would actually need to manually change each one. The intention of the "Add from Contact" function is to add the person from your contact into Hello when you meet them, then, the time, location and other context has more meaning. Adding additional context such as notes, pictures and the picture of the person's face whether from the camera or LinkedIn will help with your association so that you will remember more about your meeting with that person and the person in general.

Please give Hello another try with this new viewpoint. If you still find it useless please do let me know how you feel we could improve the app. We are constantly updating the app based on user feedback and I would love to make you enjoy Hello as much as you enjoy Evernote.

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#8 firesuite

firesuite

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for the reply, mcheng. As others have said, the ability to log an encounter from the past is crucial. I'm looking at a stack of business cards I've received over the past week, and there is no way to input them into Evernote Hello without the time, date, and location being incorrect. The "search nearby" location function isn't quite good enough, as the locations of these meetings are often further away than what is auto-detected. Please, allow us more control over when these meetings are created. Thanks!

#9 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Ability to edit location is coming in the next release of Hello iOS. I think we will have a better solution for your stack of business cards as well. Time and date will follow after that.

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: other, hello

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote