Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

HOWTO: Bulk create tags

tags import csv evernote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mokanevernote

mokanevernote

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

In my evernote usage scenario I need to create just shy of 400 unique tags, 1 for each entity we are going to be creating notes for. I am a little shocked not to find .csv import functionality not included with Evernote. After some searching online I see people who have apparently done it with Evernote staff assistance, but the details are never given...

Anyways, sorry I am complaining more than asking, basically I want to know if there's a way to import a big list as individual tags, saving some tedious data entry.

Thank you,

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10786 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

You might be able to do it using AppleScript. Search the forums for Veritrope, there are some scripts posted that might bet you started.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10217 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

You can contact Heather and see if she can help you with .csv. I am guessing that the .csv in those cases referred more to the note content themselves, and not to the structure of the tags, so i am not sure they were able to automatically generate a bunch of tags.

#4 gtuckerkellogg

gtuckerkellogg

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • Group: Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

That's a lot of tags, but it should be straightforward to do using AppleScript, largely depending on how you've got it organized. I'd also recommend you check Veritrope first, but feel free to ping me if you like.

Once you have the tags created, if you are using a Mac, I have a bunch of scripts for using tags effectively on my github (link in my signature)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 人のメンバー, 1 人のゲスト, 0 人の匿名ユーザ

Clip to Evernote