HOWTO: Merge notes

DanBN

Idea

It would be useful if users could merge multiple notes into one note containing all of them. For example: I often clip links of interesting news articles from the web for reading later. This creates multiple notes when I am using the web clipper. If I could merge them all into just one note it would help me with organization.

12 replies to this idea

It would be useful if users could merge multiple notes into one note containing all of them. For example: I often clip links of interesting news articles from the web for reading later. This creates multiple notes when I am using the web clipper. If I could merge them all into just one note it would help me with organization.

This is indeed also possible on the Mac client. Just choose the notes you want to merge (you can select multiple notes by holding down ⌘), ⌃-click and chose "Merge notes". Voilà. Note, though, that they will merge in the order they're listed, not the order in which they are chosen. Also, it will create a new note, so any notelinks will be broken.

Thank you very much for your advice on how to merge notes with the Mac client. You have made me very happy.

I am finding Evernote to be a very Zen like experience, things are not always obvious at first glance however once you begin to understand, you begin to realize that while Evernote appears simple on the surface, its simplicity only masks the fact that it is a very powerful app.

Cheers

• Level 5*

Thank you very much for your advice on how to merge notes with the Mac client. You have made me very happy.

I am finding Evernote to be a very Zen like experience, things are not always obvious at first glance however once you begin to understand, you begin to realize that while Evernote appears simple on the surface, its simplicity only masks the fact that it is a very powerful app.

Cheers

Hi. Welcome to the discussion forums!

Glad to hear that you are finding Evernote to be so engaging :)

Simple to learn, difficult to master! You'll find a lot of answers to EverKoans here on the forums in the discussions, the KnowledgeBase mentioned by jefito at https://support.evernote.com/ics/support/KBSplash.asp and squirreled away on the Web in various locations. I've got links on my site to a few resources that might be helpful as well.

http://www.princeton...note-links.html

I merged a few ( 20 ) ?? notes into one ....there was a sync error ...the note was blank and all my previous notes are gone !!!!

Is there any hope of getting them back ??

seriously pee'd off

On a mac with osX mtn. Lion

Cheers

You'll grow out of it.

Archived