(Archived) Creating Checkmarks on Android

hanlyl

Sorry...I'm new to Evernote. I have been trying in vain to create a checklist from my Android Galaxy. I've tried from the Widget and the application. When you're in a note, I see the checklist on the bar above the keyboard. However, the checkmark is grayed out. Or when I click on the checkmark it just turns into an asterisk. I never see a check box created. Am I missing something? Can the checklists only be created from the desktop and viewed on the phone? Thank you.

• Level 5*

This worked fine in the latest Android beta, but I just tried it and it worked fine, but this was in a part of a note that is just plain text, so it's possible that the problem that you're seeing is part of the known, Editing-rich-text-on-Android problem that Evernote is working to improve, or maybe it's just something that works only in the beta.

Oh well. I'll just keeping using my other checklist program until it comes around. And to clarify, I am typing in plain text, no web images or anything like that. I can successfully create a check box from my desktop and view it on the phone but can't create a new checkbox from the mobile app in a new note or existing note. Thanks.

• Level 5*

As I say, I am running the latest beta, and they've been making improvements in that area. If you're running the release, you may just need to wait until the current strain is released.

Archived