export note to pdf from Android

For work, I use my tablet with Evernote to take notes as I visit locations I am in charge of. When done, I would like to export the note to a pdf so that I can email it to them.

I know Evernote has an email function. This will not work for me as the corporate email system only allows emails from internal addresses. I have to email the note to my gmail account, then forward it to my work account and then forward to the location. That is too much work.

I have tried Urltopdf, but the page is blank. I have tried "read it later", which the note shows up in, but when I try to export from there, it comes up blank. Every other option within Evernote only sends the web link to the note (which is no good as their nternet access at the locations is limited to approved sites.

I tried opening the web link in the dolphin browser and use the dolphin plugin to export to pdf. when I do so, it comes out blank.

I figure I will need a third party app of some sort, I just don't know what to try any more.

Amy ideas are welcome.

That is what I am doing now to get the notes to them. I have a laptop as well that I can do this with. I guess my goal is more convenience.

When I go into the locations to do a visit, I often only bring in my tablet. It is easier than lugging in the laptop bag and other stuff. When I am done recapping with the manager, it would be nice to be able to simply export the notes, email them to the location and leave. Now, I either have to go back out and get the laptop, fire it up, open evernote, print the note to pdf, and then email. Or wait several hours until I get home.

That just takes away from the original convenience of being able to work with the tablet. The issue is that with evernote on android, if you don't email the note, all you can do is send the link to the note. Which, as I explained above, doesn't help me at all in my situation.

It would be best if there were another export option within evernote.

I love using evernote as my note taking app, but I may have to look at other options that might allow my to get the notes into pdf or some other form that can be sent to my locations. Or a third party option that will take the url from evernote and open the note and then can turn it into a pdf. I even downloaded the Adobe pdfcreator, but again, the only thing that I can export to it is the link, not the note.

• 2 years later...

This may be too old. But as of today, I print the note to PDF and in the dropdown choose Email PDF. Alternatively, you could mail PDF to Evernote and delete the original HTML/XML note.

• 1 year later...

This is pretty frustrating.  As far as I can tell there is no way to share a note (except inside evernote) and no way to print a note (on Android).  This really limits my use of Evernote - there is very little information that I want to keep that I don't also need to share.  It's really a sorry joke that the app has a  "share" button at all, since it doesn't really do that. :(

-Donald

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It is actually a shame that you can not export the note to PDF. I get it, Evernote wants to expand by forcing users to share the evernote link. However, this is not realistic, I pay premium because evernote is a great way to organise my documents, and it is critical being able to share that document in an standard format.

This feature is so important that I am thinking of dropping Evernote all together because of that. It is just frustrating not being able to share a note in PDF...

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Carlos B said:

I get it, Evernote wants to expand by forcing users to share the evernote link. However, this is not realistic, I pay premium because evernote is a great way to organise my documents, and it is critical being able to share that document in an standard format.

In IOS, I can share notes using the Share>Email feature
Are Android user's restricted to urls? Check your share options.

I also share notes in their native html format; I thought that was a standard format.

I don't usually convert to PDF on my mobile device; using my Mac for that.  We do have a couple of methods in IOS 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
34 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Are Android user's restricted to urls?

No. You can share a static copy of a via email as well, though it's not accessible via the standard Share button. It's under "More Sharing" under the standard note menu..

• Like 1

One nice workaround is to use CloudHQ to sync Evernote with Google Drive (or whatever) as PDF.  All of your notes get converted to PDF files and stay synced.

However, this really begs the question of why we need Evernote in the first place.  Oh yeah, tagging... darn. :)

-Donald

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
26 minutes ago, Newlands said:

However, this really begs the question of why we need Evernote in the first place.  Oh yeah, tagging... darn. :)

I need Evernote to create/edit notes, assembling text and file attachments.
And as you pointed out, the Tag feature to retrieve notes; also the Search feature

Other than that, I'm cool with my notes being on a cloud drive.  
I actually use this approach as part of my backup process.
I'm using the html format - the notes remain editable

• Level 5
5 hours ago, jefito said:

No. You can share a static copy of a via email as well, though it's not accessible via the standard Share button. It's under "More Sharing" under the standard note menu.

Except that for many e-mail addresses it doesn't work. The issue in this thread applies to the Android app as well:

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Except that for many e-mail addresses it doesn't work.

Except, except, except. Except that we don't know if the person I replied to had that problem or not. The feature design is that you can send note content, as opposed to just a URL, via email. It appeared that they didn't know about that, and not surprisingly so, since it's not in an obvious location. Let's solve the user's immediate problem first, and if the bug manifests itself, then that's a bug for Evernote to address. If it doesn't, then that's job done here.

• Level 5
10 hours ago, jefito said:

Except, except, except. Except that we don't know if the person I replied to had that problem or not. The feature design is that you can send note content, as opposed to just a URL, via email. It appeared that they didn't know about that, and not surprisingly so, since it's not in an obvious location. Let's solve the user's immediate problem first, and if the bug manifests itself, then that's a bug for Evernote to address. If it doesn't, then that's job done here.

Well, true, I was perhaps solving a problem that did not yet exist. :) Sharing static notes by e-mail would in fact not be a bad substitute for sharing as PDF, assuming the recipient can get the e-mail. What would be really great would be if there were a service you could e-mail a note or other document to, and they would e-mail you back a PDF! I looked around, but didn't find one.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

What would be really great would be if there were a service you could e-mail a note or other document to, and they would e-mail you back a PDF! I looked around, but didn't find one.

Interesting idea, aside from email issues

I don't use the service, but it does a conversion; https://pdfconvert.me
Quick turn-around, and it actually accepted the Evernote address and returned the pdf to my personal mail

Welcome to pdfconvert.me

pdfconvert.me is a free email service which will take the content of a message and return that content back to the sending email as a PDF attachment. This allows mobile devices to have a “print to PDF” feature in many circumstances.

No sign up is required - just send an email to one of the special pdfconvert addresses:

For more information, please see the documentation.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Brilliant! Just the sort of thing I was hoping for. So I clipped your post, did a bit of formatting, and it is in an Evernote notebook waiting to remind me how to do this in the future. As a test, I e-mailed that note to noheaders@pdfconvert.me, and it worked as advertised. Thanks for finding this!

• 4 years later...
On 12/9/2016 at 11:18 AM, DTLow said:

In IOS, I can share notes using the Share>Email feature
Are Android user's restricted to urls? Check your share options.

I also share notes in their native html format; I thought that was a standard format.

I don't usually convert to PDF on my mobile device; using my Mac for that.  We do have a couple of methods in IOS 

So EN Android version10.14 (which I actually detest, and I think I'm going to go back to one of the 8.something versions soon) the "share via email" option is available from within a note.

Screenshot_20210815-084110.thumb.png.472310a92434eb7e1b6d866ee9d714ec.png