Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Contact Photos

hello

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • Group: Members
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

If I add a contact from my contact list then the photo I have for that contact is added to the Hello note and used on the tile screen - excellent.

If I add a contact manually and then grab a photo from my camera roll then the photo is not used as the 'main' image for the contact and therefore not used on the tile screen - not so great.

#2 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hi Metrodon,

I'm not following the use case that isn't working. The camera roll selection is for your personal profile, not for the person you are meeting as it isn't very likely that you will have a ready made picture of the person you just met. Can you provide a bit more detail in what you're doing?

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#3 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Well I 'meet' lots of different people every week on conference calls. Quite often I can go and grab their photo from LinkedIn or a company website and add it to their contact so that when i do meet them face to face I recognise them. To do this on an iPhone I have to save the image from Safari to the camera roll.

Does that make sense?

#4 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

I see. Thanks for the input. Social network integration is in the works. I will look into your other use case of pulling from the camera roll or seeing if there is an even smoother way we can help you out.

Thanks.

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#5 goldfilm

goldfilm

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:40 AM

What's the size of each contact? I see that my Evernote account size is growing fast. Is there any way to choose a small picture, like in EN Food?
Evernote for Mac 10.8 | Evernote for iOS 6
Skitch for Mac 10.8 | Hello for iOS 6 | Food for iOS 6

#6 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

What's the size of each contact? I see that my Evernote account size is growing fast. Is there any way to choose a small picture, like in EN Food?

Each profile image is limited to 300x300 and no more than 32kb so a typical contact (4 images) should be at most 128kb + anything else you've added to the profile, i.e. additional pictures, text, etc. I'm not sure that the Evernote Hello profile images are filling up your account, could it be something else you're adding to Evernote or are you using Evernote Food very often?

#7 goldfilm

goldfilm

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

Thanks Cheng, it was actually a couple of attachments. The things, I deleted a few attachments and I thought this would free space but it doesn't...

#8 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hmmm ... sounds like a bug. I'll have our team look into this.

#9 goldfilm

goldfilm

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hmmm ... sounds like a bug. I'll have our team look into this.

Sorry, I don't think it was a bug, I guess I expressed it wrong. What I wanted to say was that actually what made my account grow was the fact that I created notes with apparently heavy attachments. And then I thought that if you delete those attachments the next day, that action will free space... But to my knowledge, when you delete attachments in the same calendar month it doesn't free that space until next month... is that right?

thanks

#10 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

I think you are misunderstanding our quota. Are you looking at your account settings and seeing the gauge for how much "storage" you have per month? If so, this is a bandwidth or upload quota, not storage. Once you use a portion of it for the month, its used. So if you upload a lot of pictures and then delete them, you've used a portion of your upload quota which will not reset until next month. Does that make sense?

#11 goldfilm

goldfilm

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

Yes, it does makes sense, that's what I meant. I was confused in the beginning, but now I got it. Thanks for clarifying.

#12 vladcampos

vladcampos

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

I see. Thanks for the input. Social network integration is in the works. I will look into your other use case of pulling from the camera roll or seeing if there is an even smoother way we can help you out.

Thanks.

Hi mcheng, what Metrodon described also happens to me and a lot! For example today I had a business meeting and the person were not in my contacts App (iPhone). When I created the Hello entry I asked her to take a picture but she was too embarrassed and asked me to search for it in Google after the meeting. I did it and found the pictures, but like Metrodon I couldn't add the picture to the profile. This happens a lot! Some times I am too embarrassed to ask for a picture. Especially during business meetings. And in this case, maybe even the Social Network integration won't work, since I'm note connected to all the people I have business with.

#13 mcheng

mcheng

• 378 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hi,

You don't need to be a connection to download the picture from the social networks. You just need to be able to find the right person. Once we associate the person's social network profile, we will download the picture if there isn't one. We will now also scan your address book so that if this is an old contact that you have in your address book, we will pull the image from there as well. The priority for the images are:
1) LinkedIn
2) Address book
3) Facebook

Finally we also have the ability to add from Camera Roll. So if you search on Google or some other site and find the person's picture. You can save to your device and then add their picture via this feature.

Hope this helps.

// Martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote