Add web clip to specific note

King Tut

Idea

I'd love to be able to clip a selection from a website and add it to a specific note, rather than create a new note then merge with an existing note or copy and paste into an existing note. It seems that since the notes can be searched from within the clipper, you could simply add a check box to add to an existing note.

7 replies to this idea

I too think this would be a great addition. I can imagine many times I will be putting together a further reading list as a note within a specific shared folder. I'd create the note, then go to Firefox and clip the URLs of all the sites I'd found that were relevant, then return to the note and finish commenting on it. Much easier than merging notes.

• Level 5*

There seems to be a basic urge to merge stuff into one note (I'm still suffering too..) rather than do a search or assign a tag and see all the related notes in the View window. I'm slowly getting used to having individual bits of my data in dozens of separate notes - the only long term worry is whether I'll be hitting the max number of notes anytime soon, though on current usage that looks like 10-12 years from now. (Dear Evernote - please use some of your cash on a server farm or two..)

I'd say the best thing to do is: save everything to individual new notes. If you're concerned about losing information through some data crack or other, put those notes into one notebook and then tag all of them with something uniquely relevant. Now all your stuff is tied together just like it was in one physical folder, or one physical note. And you don't have the hassle of different layouts, styles and resolutions in the same web container - which will only lead to tears if you ever want to print any of this out, or paste it into another document.

Simples, yes?

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a three year-old thread,  so not exactly current;  what are you trying to do?  Clipping should be a question of:  highlight selection (if required) click 'clipper' icon in browser.  Choose article, selection, or page;  save.

Archived