(Archived) HELP [Safari]: Clipper doesn't work properly

brinky

@brinky Can you please post the URL you are trying to selection clip from. And also post your OSX version, Safari version and Web Clipper version number so we can reproduce this problem.

I've reproduced this issue on some OS / Safari version configurations.

Thx.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes article detection fails.

Any idea (and willing to share with us) why? I'd often rather wait to clip an article several hours later (after reloading, maybe a few times) than clip the whole page immediately—if I knew the clipper might be able to detect the article later on the same page.

Sometimes article detection fails. You have a few options:

1) Preselect the content you want to clip

2) Clip the full page

1. Even, doing that, when you click on the cliper it unselect the pre-selected text.

2. It's not a good answer. If you offer this product you should keep it working in the default Mac OS X browser or put on home page that it doesn't work well on Safari for Mac.

Is there any way to fix this to make it work fine?

• 1 month later...

2) Clip the full page

1. Even, doing that, when you click on the cliper it unselect the pre-selected text.

2. It's not a good answer. If you offer this product you should keep it working in the default Mac OS X browser or put on home page that it doesn't work well on Safari for Mac.

1. If you've selected text, right-click on the text and select "Clip selection to Evernote" This method retains the selection

2. We're always working on article detection and hope to make it better across all of the web clippers. Do you notice a huge difference between browsers that you use? Personally, I haven't. If you do get huge differences, you can let us know.

Is possible for Evernote give us a real solution for this?

Are you only asking for better article detection or is there something else making you unhappy as well?

2) Clip the full page

1. If you've selected text, right-click on the text and select "Clip selection to Evernote" This method retains the selection

2. We're always working on article detection and hope to make it better across all of the web clippers. Do you notice a huge difference between browsers that you use? Personally, I haven't. If you do get huge differences, you can let us know.

1. Ok, but why it doesn't keep the selection if I click on Safari clipper? I use that function a lot on Google Chrome (Windows). It could be great if you keep this option working on Safari (Mac).

2. I think Article Detection works fine in general. My main problem is the one I posted before. Select a short text and click on Safari Clipper. When I do that it unselect the previous copied text. It works perfect in other browsers but not on Safari. I'm just asking this to work better.

Is possible for Evernote give us a real solution for this?

Are you only asking for better article detection or is there something else making you unhappy as well?

For me Evernote is PERFECT! I use it in all my devices and I always recommend it to all my friends and customers. BUT, this Safari Clipper is driving me crazy because snap selection on Safari doesn't work well as it work on Google Chrome.

If you can do something to improve this I will appreciate.

Best regards,

I am trying to use Safari 5.1.7 (latest) on a Windows 7 machine and while browser works fine, Evernote web clipper denies clipping selections, saying in a big window that I need to change Safari preferences to allow third-party cookies. Why? Is there an option? Safari Extensions do show Evernote installed.

Archived