Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Can external programs use EN note links instead of note URL's?

outliner emacs link url evernote

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chipqvist

chipqvist

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

Is there a way for external programs to use Evernote's own note links (not the note URL)?

I use a lot of note links within the Evernote Client and within the web site; I'd also like to use them in external programs e.g. in outliners, or in the emacs text editor. So far, I've been using the URL from the Evernote note's web page. But there's a problem with this when I'm offline; clicking the link in my external program sends me to a web browser, and of course, that doesn't work. So, when I'm offline, I'd like to access the note cache within the Evernote client.

For this, it seems necessary to use the note links that Evernote uses internally -- the long ones like this:

evernote:///view/1523219/s13/10d12210-7298-419f-a2ef-30bf6355a86c/10d12210-7298-419f-a2ef-30bf6355a86c/

Is that possible, and if so, can a click on that note link (while in an external program) access the note as stored in the Evernote client?

#2 Owyn

Owyn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Evernote Geek
  • Group: Members
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

In general yes. If the Windows client is installed on the device then the Evernote: links will open the note in the Evernote Windows client.
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests

Premium User
Ubuntu 12.04/10.04 + various other Linux distro (Web client & VirtualBox XP SP3 ENW)
Windows 7 SP1 & XP SP3 (EN 4.5.8.7356)
iPod Touch 2G (iOS 4.2.1, EN 4.1.9) / Blackberry Playbook (OS 2.0.1, EN 1.3)
Latest stable browsers & clippers(Chrome(default), Firefox, IE8/9)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, outliner emacs link url, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote