Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

.zip files "open in..." not working

evernote

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lisakl

Lisakl

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

The iPhone and iPad Evernote apps used to permit a user to send a .zip file to another app (e.g. Goodreader) via the "Open in..." button, that could then be used to unpack the .zip. The "Open in..." button no longer appears to be functioning for .zip files in either the iPhone or iPad app. The "Open in..." button simply does not respond. I store many .zip files of PDFs in my Evernote account and can no longer access any of them on my mobile devices -- any advice is appreciated!

#2 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,200 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

i am using the beta version of evernote on the ipad, and it works just fine, so i am wondering why yours would not (assuming this feature matches the public release version). what exactly happens? you press the .zip icon, it downloads, and then what? i get an "open in" dialogue box.

#3 Lisakl

Lisakl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. I press the .zip icon, it downloads, and the usual "Open in..." button appears on the top right. However, pressing the button simply causes it to flicker -- no list of apps appears. This happens in both the iPad and iPhone apps,

As I workaround, I can email the entire Evernote note to myself and export the .zip file to Goodreader from the Mail app's "Open in..." button. This works as a temporary solution, but it's inconvenient if the files happen to be large.

#4 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,200 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

weird. this sounds like it needs a support ticket.

#5 Lisakl

Lisakl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

Okay cool, thanks. I'll file one here: https://www.evernote...ontact/support/. But if that's not correct, let me know! Thanks again.

#6 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,200 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

yep. that's the place to go. if you are a premium member, you can log into the website and try the chat as well.

#7 Phil Dean

Phil Dean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: British Food Lover
  • 464 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

Update on this. I can confirm that this is indeed a bug using 4.1.7 and Goodreader. The good news is this has been fixed resolved in 4.1.8 and we are awaiting approval from Apple on when this client will be available
Check out our Knowledgebase.
View our User Manuals here: Mac or
Windows
Check out the Getting Started Guide
Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#8 Lisakl

Lisakl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Ok great, will wait for the update. Thanks again.

#9 T G

T G

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Just got a new Evernote account to try on my iPad. Having the same problem and it's 8 months after this thread.
A zip file with a PDF in it-unable to read.
Doesn't look like it will be fixed, right?
Or am I doing something wrong when I click on 'Read in Evernote' ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote