Evernote for the college planning and admission process

ChapmanCAC

Caught this through Twitter yesterday. It's a great post--keeping track of what can be an extremely complicated and information intensive process (as well as remembering all the different colleges you end up visiting) makes perfect sense within Evernote. You can begin prepping way ahead of time when you're a High School Junior or Senior, snagging up bits of information about the colleges or universities you'd eventually like to go to.

And let's not even get started on cataloguing info for financial aid!

• 2 months later...

Earlier this year, I introduced my wife to Evernote and now I'm doing the same with my 17 yr old son who is considering college in a year. Part of the exercise involves pulling together some ideas for his college essay. We're planning to share a notebook of ideas he can use. We've been fortunate to have been able to travel to Africa a couple of times. The cultural experiences have been a great learning for him. Having a shared notebook allows us to compile the different experiences and present a few ideas he might elect to use in his essay.

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

And let's not even get started on cataloguing info for financial aid!

I use Evernote for all of my financial aid stuff. Applying for aid and scholarships is a pain. But since we all have to do it, might as well try and make it a little easier. All of my financial information goes into the same notebook and then filling out forms is a little bit easier.

Archived