Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Paperless

Auto tagging while scanning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dre

Dre

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:24 AM

Hi -
Is there a way or an app that scan paper and autotag based on the text inside? for example: if I scan Comcast bill, It will autotag the scan with "comcast, bill ...." ?

Thanks

#2 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,219 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

i doubt it. that would take a pretty good ai to figure it out, too. organization takes some work, i'm afraid. my question, though, is why tag it at all?

comcast is in the pdf. it is searchable. if you give it a title like 120131 bill comcast, then you can do a search later for "intitle:comcast" and everything will appear in order by date. if you'd like, at that time you cn drag the notes into a tag to tag them, but i think that is superfluous.

tags are powerful, but with good naming, you can go a long way. and, of course, the pdf is searchable if you have trouble tracking things down for any reason.

#3 tjeef

tjeef

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

The software with ScanSnap S1500 claims to be able to assign keywords based on text highlighted on a page. Haven't done much experimenting - but it works best for black-white docs with no other confusing colours.

However, those keywords still stay in ScanSnap Organizer.
It would be great if someone knew how to extract the keywords from the files. Then it would be possible to write scripts that imported the files in EN and assigned tags at the same time.

I don't think I would use the "highlight" feature that much myself. But I would love to be able to control and direct my information flow with keywords already in ScanSnap Organizer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote