Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

How to import notes to Evernote?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 evernote9

evernote9

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

So what I did is saving a note (txt format) in SD card, then open it with evernote as an attachment of some notes. Can evernote just import it and open it as an indepedent note, not an attachment? Thanks. P.S. my android cell phone doesn't have an internet connection so I am looking for a way to import notes without internet.

#2 evernote-fan

evernote-fan

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

You have two possibilities to import .txt-files as notes directly into Evernote:

1. Under "Tools" –> "Import folders" you can define a folder with all your .txt-files you like to import.
2. Or just drag and drop the .txt-files directly into a Evernote notebook.

*** Premium member *** I love Evernote - it has changed my life!

#3 evernote9

evernote9

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Urrr, I think maybe you are a premium user? I am a free version user. Are the features you mentioned available for me? "drag and drop?" How do I do this in a cell phone? I know how to do this in a PC but not in a cell phone. Thanks.
I juts found out one thing. My phone doesn't have an internet connection so once I log off, I can't log on again unless the phone has an internet connection, right?

#4 evernote-fan

evernote-fan

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

Drag and drop is available for both, free and Premium users, but only with the Windows Client, you're right. Unfortunately, I can't give you an answer how to import a .txt file as a note with the Android Client.

*** Premium member *** I love Evernote - it has changed my life!

#5 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

You have two possibilities to import .txt-files as notes directly into Evernote:

1. Under "Tools" –> "Import folders" you can define a folder with all your .txt-files you like to import.
2. Or just drag and drop the .txt-files directly into a Evernote notebook.

This thread is in the Android section. AFAIK, the above applies to the Windows client, not the Android client.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#6 evernote9

evernote9

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

So there is no way to import notes to evernote from other source to an android cell phone?

#7 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

AFAIK, no. That's pretty much the way it is on any of the clients except for the Mac & Windows desktops.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#8 evernote9

evernote9

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

Awww, I guess if all fail, I will have to buy Documents to go. That is the only app I know that can open/save the notes in SD card and display Chinese fonts correctly. But it's $15 !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote