(Archived) How do I link Skitch for Mac with my Skitch.com account?

mrgoerend

I don't get it. When I put in my username that shows up when I log into skitch.com and hit "personalize" it opens a tab to skitch.com with a random username. post-61988-0-61315100-1327516585_thumb.j

What's the process of getting Skitch for Mac linked up with my skitch.com account?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had this same problem, and Support got it fixed up in no time with the following suggestion:

1. Ensure you are using the latest version of Skitch from the Mac Appstore: http://itunes.apple....425955336?mt=12
  2. Go to Skitch preferences > Share
  3. Select and use the '-' button in the lower right to delete the Skitch share account
  4. Quit Skitch
  5. Launch Skitch
  6. Press the Share button, and choose either the "Evernote" or the 'I'm old Skool' option, depending on whether you wish to login with your Skitch.com or your Evernote credentials.
  7. After signing in, Press the Share button again.

Note: After performing these steps, if you click through to "Personalize" your account, you will still be listed as "unnamed-xsif". However, when you "Share" an image, it will upload to the correct account.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this same problem, and Support got it fixed up in no time with the following suggestion:

1. Ensure you are using the latest version of Skitch from the Mac Appstore: http://itunes.apple....425955336?mt=12
  2. Go to Skitch preferences > Share
  3. Select and use the '-' button in the lower right to delete the Skitch share account
  4. Quit Skitch
  5. Launch Skitch
  6. Press the Share button, and choose either the "Evernote" or the 'I'm old Skool' option, depending on whether you wish to login with your Skitch.com or your Evernote credentials.
  7. After signing in, Press the Share button again.

Note: After performing these steps, if you click through to "Personalize" your account, you will still be listed as "unnamed-xsif". However, when you "Share" an image, it will upload to the correct account.

I can't do this -- I've already shared Skitch images around in bug reports. If I delete that account, are those URLs still good?

Also, my situation's a little different. I have an Evernote account and a skitch.com account. When I try using Skitch for Mac, it now lets me into Evernote -- but it says that on Skitch I'm unregistered / anonymous. It's only when I go into skitch.com that I can see my usual account, but even then, I'm logging into my skitch account with my Evernote credentials... which is a little odd.

Why doesn't Skitch for Mac allow you to use the Skitch account that's associated with your Evernote profile?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I spent more time trying to figure this out than I care to remember, but there's a few missing steps in the above instructions (at least, these are what I had to do to resolve this issue):

1) Make sure you haven't linked your Evernote account in the skitch web app (at skitch.com) and that you're not logged in to evernote through the skitch mac app

2) After you've removed the old skitch account and re-launched skitch, go in to preferences and choose the skitch account that's auto-created

3) Then click on "share" and follow the instructions about getting to the "I'm old skool" messaging (deny any prompt that asks you to log in to evernote/create an evernote account).

I hope this helps make this a little bit less frustrating.

Same problem here. There is no prompt that I can choose old skool or Evernote.

I re-dowmloaded Skitch from the App Store, deleted the Skitch account from the share menu, closed Skitch, opened it again, but there is noch choice. I can only create a new account.

• 2 weeks later...

Five steps from relaunching Skitch after deleting the Skitch account.

20120625-d3s2h6j2detmix547em3wydsw9.preview.jpg

Make sure Skitch is enabled, then hit Done.

20120625-rssumuf7xp1fpynf1aeiy88hce.preview.jpg

Click on Share, and it'll upload the untitled blank image to the temporary account - you can delete it from your History later.

20120625-m8kc8m8wn8fbc38irx9g6qxxk4.preview.jpg

This is what you'll see once the upload has completed.

20120625-t163mcgaeh5ax99twfygxw9e16.preview.jpg

20120625-qurswwb51nyrgxkxtw2d8iphhk.preview.jpg

Log in and next time you check Share in Preferences, you'll see your account details.

20120625-1i8kfx5xtdmfr5cqhxmf753b51.preview.jpg

Previously uploaded images will be in your History - click on them to bring them into Skitch, and re-upload to your existing account.

The earlier uploaded version can be deleted from your History, if you like to keep everything in check.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid I've got a similar problem that this solution *used* to fix, but doesn't seem to anymore.

I've gotten my new MBP, installed skitch from the MAS.

Deleted both accounts, quit, relaunched, clicked share, clicked "old sk00l" (love that, btw), logged in successfully. Now it *does* show my account stuff in the "share" preference pane, but my history is completely empty. Except for the two new shares created with the previous steps. My old pics are still there when I log in to skitch.com, etc.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Five steps from relaunching Skitch after deleting the Skitch account.

20120625-d3s2h6j2detmix547em3wydsw9.preview.jpg

Make sure Skitch is enabled, then hit Done.

20120625-rssumuf7xp1fpynf1aeiy88hce.preview.jpg

Click on Share, and it'll upload the untitled blank image to the temporary account - you can delete it from your History later.

20120625-m8kc8m8wn8fbc38irx9g6qxxk4.preview.jpg

This is what you'll see once the upload has completed.

20120625-t163mcgaeh5ax99twfygxw9e16.preview.jpg

20120625-qurswwb51nyrgxkxtw2d8iphhk.preview.jpg

Log in and next time you check Share in Preferences, you'll see your account details.

20120625-1i8kfx5xtdmfr5cqhxmf753b51.preview.jpg

Previously uploaded images will be in your History - click on them to bring them into Skitch, and re-upload to your existing account.

The earlier uploaded version can be deleted from your History, if you like to keep everything in check.

Jeebus Frucking Crisco thank you. Skitch & Skitch Support: get your sh** together.

Archived