Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Other

why not skitch for windows?

skitch

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 andrea77

andrea77

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

hi,
I'm happy evernote user.

Now I testing skitch but I notice 2 problems:
1) no version for windows
2) in android not possible to save project to later editing (the first time I lost my project...1h work! ... :-( ....)

So if you don't have a Mac Skitch it's realy not fully valid.

Thanks,
Andrea

[color=#fafafa !important][/color]Posted Image

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,169 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

It's in the pipeline. No ETA. Patience is a virtue.

I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 Tedology

Tedology

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

That's good to hear... as I'll very much look forward to using it on my Windows computer. :) Thanks for the reference, BurgersNFries.
Warm regards,
Ted

"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on this knees."

Crafting blog: Happily Ever Crafter

#4 wendy@wendymolinaroli.com

wendy@wendymolinaroli.com

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

How soon will we see this for Windows? I have XP for tablets, sp3. Gobinder i cIosed. I really liked them. I like ink notes with EN but the ink notes do not print correctly. Skitch would be super!

#5 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,783 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Evernote does not usually release ETAs for feature releases.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#6 ZenBadger

ZenBadger

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Having just taken a job in a Windows-centric environment, I can't even begin to explain how crippled I feel right now without Skitch!!!

I mean, thank god that I have Evernote on this box. But the inability to snap screen shots and annotate them with the power and ease of Skitch is just killing me and my productivity. I'm dying to show these people what it can do!

#7 tiredofpaper

tiredofpaper

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

That would be nice to have for Windows, sure a lot of us hate Windows, but it's what a lot of us are using :) We will wait patiently...or try to :)

#8 terryblom

terryblom

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hi, I have a touch screen Windows 7 PC and I am disappointed that I cannot use Skitch with Evernote - come on developers, you know it makes sense !

#9 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,783 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hi, I have a touch screen Windows 7 PC and I am disappointed that I cannot use Skitch with Evernote - come on developers, you know it makes sense !

It's in the pipeline. No ETA. Patience is a virtue.

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#10 hmart

hmart

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

I'm also stuck with Windows when working with some clients, so I look forward to Skitch for Windows soon - hopefully!

#11 heather

heather

• Title: Support Maven
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:09 AM

Ask, and ye shall receive:

http://apps.microsof...95-82d8e723b246

Check out our Knowledgebase | View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows or iOS or Android | Check out the Getting Started Guide | Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#12 roschler

roschler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

@heather,

I can't seem to find a download link on that page and jumping to the App WebSite goes to the usual Evernote/Skitch page with no mention of the Windows (beta) version described on the page you linked to. Am I just not seeing it?

-- roschler
BitQwik - Search your Evernote notes with a powerful Artificially Intelligent assistant!
TagHunter - The free intelligent power search tool for Windows Evernote users that have lots of Tags

#13 heather

heather

• 1,936 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

You can download it directly from within the Metro Appstore, in Windows Metro.

Check out our Knowledgebase | View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows or iOS or Android | Check out the Getting Started Guide | Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#14 roschler

roschler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:18 AM

@heather,

Ok thanks. Don't have Windows Metro. Hopefully Evernote does a wider release soon.

-- roschler
BitQwik - Search your Evernote notes with a powerful Artificially Intelligent assistant!
TagHunter - The free intelligent power search tool for Windows Evernote users that have lots of Tags

#15 heather

heather

• 1,936 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:33 AM

Skitch is being designed based on the features available to us in Windows Metro.

http://betanews.com/...a-bad-bad-idea/

#16 roschler

roschler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

That link wasn't very encouraging. I saw a whole lot of complaints about Metro in it.

-- roschler.

#17 heather

heather

• 1,936 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

Metro's not "final" yet. It won't be released until October, so yes, there's lots of people who would be complaining about the way it works right now, especially when they try to install it on machines it's not designed for.

I can say that for touchscreen devices, it really is a great, full-featured OS.

#18 Encosia

Encosia

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

Will screen capture be coming to Skitch for Windows? It's not nearly as useful without that fundamental feature.

#19 Kreg Steppe

Kreg Steppe

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'm confused. Is Skitch for windows not coming to Win 7 and maybe XP? Only Win 8?

#20 agrarian

agrarian

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

Although programming skitch for Windows Metro is good and forward looking, I think you may be missing a huge portion of your user-base if you don't also develop a version for Windows 7 as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: other, skitch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote