Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Changing Evernote Assigned Email Address

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BTB

BTB

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

I searched on this but did not find an answer.

I would like to change my Evernote assigned email address.

What is the best way to do that?

Right now I have a free account. Do I need a premium account?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

Log into Evernote.com and then select settings, at the bottom of the Account Settings page are your email details. You can press the button and a new automatically generated address will be created. You can't choose your own email address whether you are a free or premium user.

#3 joomux

joomux

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

That's unfortunate. It would be awesome even if it was just [username]@m.evernote.com, without the randomness after the username.

OMG! Evernote is AWESOME!

I wrote an Evernote book! Whoa!!

#4 heather

heather

• Title: Support Maven
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

Premium members can contact support and have it shortened to just [username]@m.evernote.com .

Check out our Knowledgebase | View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows or iOS or Android | Check out the Getting Started Guide | Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#5 peterfmartin

peterfmartin

• Title: Hard to say
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 970 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

Backing Heather up, just to be clear, this is incorrect:

You can't choose your own email address whether you are a free or premium user.

I asked for a new, personalized Evernote email address at 5:08 tonight and got the address I asked for at 8:53. (I'm a premium user.)
Using Mac version 3.2.0 beta 1 on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), web occasionally, and Chrome clipper (and Windows once upon a time).

Information and help: Getting Started | Knowledge Base (note: often wrong or outdated) | Evernote Support for customer support

#6 heather

heather

• 1,936 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:46 AM

Yup, it's in the KB :) https://support.ever...te-using-email.

But Metrodon is *also* technically correct in the statement that you can't change it yourself, free or Premium. It requires a support ticket, and you need to be Premium.

Check out our Knowledgebase | View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows or iOS or Android | Check out the Getting Started Guide | Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#7 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

It would be a good idea to keep the email address private.
If a spammer gets a hold of it, your daily usage on Evernote emails could be maxed out quickly. (50 free / 250 premium)
https://support.ever...3 2&docID=11537

#8 peterfmartin

peterfmartin

• 970 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

Jbenson, that link just takes me to the support portal.

Last clarification: Premium users can indeed choose their email addresses (the claim above was that they can't choose them), if not change them without the help of Evernote staff.
Using Mac version 3.2.0 beta 1 on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), web occasionally, and Chrome clipper (and Windows once upon a time).

Information and help: Getting Started | Knowledge Base (note: often wrong or outdated) | Evernote Support for customer support

#9 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Yup, it's in the KB ;) https://support.ever...te-using-email.

Last Modified Since: 1/31/2012

I see... ;)

Nice addition, for those that want it. IIRC it has come up a couple of times in the forum recently.

#10 BTB

BTB

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for all of the intel and updates. I'm glad it can be done.

Later this afternoon, I will become a premium member. ;)

I appreciate all of your replies.

#11 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Jbenson, that link just takes me to the support portal.

That is where I wanted the link to go to.
It further explains my comment about the maximum number of sent emails allowed per day by Evernote.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Incoming Email Limits

To ensure that our servers are able to provide the best possible performance for all users, as well as to prevent abuse, we have instituted a maximum number of emails that can be sent to your Evernote email address per day.

Free account holders may send a maximum of 50 emails per day to their Evernote email address.
Premium account holders may send a maximum of 250 emails per day to their Evernote email address.

The count is reset for each user daily at 12:00AM Pacific time.

#12 peterfmartin

peterfmartin

• 970 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

Sorry for not being clear. I meant it redirected me to the support portal home page, https://support.evernote.com/. It is now working.

#13 heather

heather

• 1,936 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

By the way: you can only change your email address to what your current username is. If you want to change your email address to something entirely different, you'll need to change your username as well - which we also do for Premium members.

This is to ensure you are not taking up someone else's potential email address.

#14 peterfmartin

peterfmartin

• 970 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Ah, got it. Then you should change the KB page, since it says you can "customize" your email address, not that you can only change it to your username.

#15 heather

heather

• 1,936 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Yup, it's in the KB ;) https://support.ever...te-using-email.

Last Modified Since: 1/31/2012

I see... :P

Nice addition, for those that want it. IIRC it has come up a couple of times in the forum recently.

Not sure what change they made yesterday, but that wasn't it. It's been in there.

#16 joomux

joomux

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Woohoo! I've just changed my email. Contact support via chat and it was done in about 5 mins! Thanks Evernote!

OMG! Evernote is AWESOME!

I wrote an Evernote book! Whoa!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote