The windows client filename: search is currently case sensitive. Are you sure you tested with capital E.
I am having a hard time searching with filename: For example, I have a pdf file called "Employee payroll". When I conduct the following search filename:Employee* I get nothing. Even if I do resource:application/pdf filename:Employee* I still get nothing. Am I missing something? This is usually not a big issue for me since I nearly always title my note with the file name and that's how I find them.
any: filename:employee* filename:Employee*
Once again you saved the day. You were absolutely right. It was simply a matter of case sensitivity. I capitalize all my file names but was searching with non-caps. Also, I realize that you absolutely need to use the wildcard in these searches. For example, filename:Employee* gets me directly to the note with that file. However, typing filename:Employee payroll gets me nothing even though I've typed the exact name of the file. I can't explain why that happens but I'm happy that I can at least search for direct files now. Thanks again!!
P.S: Premium user, Windows 7