(Archived) hypertext in a evernote page

calmriver

• 10 months later...

Hi, I would love this too, in order to make handy tables of contents for longer notes. Sometimes this makes more sense than having many different notes that are interlinked. Would love to be able to add anchors for links; since Evernote outputs HTML, this should be straightforward-ish (I hope)?

In short, +1 :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think this feature is pretty basic and not too much to ask for from a superior product like evernote. I Am working on making notes for a topic having many subtopics and would love to have this feature.

Sadly, just due to the non-availability of this feature, i am thinking of switching to google docs as the cloud solution for this particular task.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add hyperlinking (within a page) and the ability to create a table of contents.  I take long meeting notes and would like to be able to jump from section to section (agenda, guests, notes, followups, etc)

This is so easy on wiki pages, please add it to Evernote.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Like/Heart/+1

Yes, please! Even if the solution is to just enable in-app ENML editing (example: having a "EDIT CODE" button within the app) and then allow "id" elements that can be referenced with an "a" tag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those still desiring anchors, splitting large notes into multiple notes is not the interim make-do you are looking for for the likes of tables of content, etc.

I take my inspiration from an earlier solution to the problem of lots of text, no hypertext: GameFAQs.

If you look at the average .txt of a user-created FAQ, which tend to be quite long, you'll see one inventive alternative to anchors (which, to be clear, I still want):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197338-final-fantasy-ix/faqs/47344

Here's an 802kb text file (103,128 "words" (not really, but still); 528,521 characters discounting spaces), with eleven upper level sectional divisions, and seventy-four lower level ones.

There's a text contents at the beginning, and rather than a page number, instead a unique text code (e.g. QPMT) that can be easily selected with a double-click, copied, and then use a quick CTRL+F, paste and jump to the corresponding section. It's essentially a primitive anchor using what we already have. And we could make likewise primitive return anchors.

As I say, it's not the solution anyone wants, but it is much more effective, and much closer to what we are looking for, than splitting notes (and re-doing our interlinks every time). Hope that helps someone.

On which count, +1 to id links, or other anchoring methods, or even the attractive notion of a wizard or other automated TOC generator which might be more accessible to users unaware of HTML possibilities.

Archived