Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Other

REQUEST: Clearly on mobile devices (iOS/Android)

clearly android bookmarklet clipping

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 svenf

svenf

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hallo,
i like the Clearly functionality and would like to see similar on tablet devices (Ipad, Honeycomb/ICS).
Please provide an app which integrates into the "Share to" menu to send web site content stripped down to well-readable content to my Evernote.
Evernote web clipper bookmark let is hard to configure on tablets, takes too long to clip content and does not provide the readability quality of Clearly.

Thanks!
Sven

#2 Dave P

Dave P

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

I second this request.

How about a Firefox Mobile add-on if that's easier?

#3 brendanoneil

brendanoneil

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

I agree this would be an amazing standalone app on Android and iOS. I could see cool functionality coming into play such as, saving a story from the desktop that applies a "to read" tag and once the story is read to apply a "read" tag so new stories are front facing to the user and an archive or sorts is made.

#4 DreamingMacaron

DreamingMacaron

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Just adding my name to the list of people who want a mobile Clearly. I know things like Instapaper and Pocket/Read it Later sync with Evernote, but I think I'd prefer a solution that was even more integrated with Evernote.

#5 Martin Packer

Martin Packer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

+1 for iOS.

#6 c1c9k72

c1c9k72

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

+1 for Android

#7 metroside

metroside

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

+1 for BlackBerry. Hopefully one day.

Twitter: @richramo
Premium EN User

#8 blindowl79

blindowl79

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

+1 for android

#9 mgriffis

mgriffis

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

+1 for iOS ... both phone & pad, please.
- mike

#10 kaznog

kaznog

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

+1 for Android
To parse, so troublesome to ENML, please allow Clearly Intent to orsupported by the SDK.

#11 fshapps

fshapps

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

+1 for Android

#12 brendanoneil

brendanoneil

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

+1 for Android, put me on the short list for testing this out as well. I would like to make Evernote take over Pocket - Formerly Read It Later for this function.

#13 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,215 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hallo,
i like the Clearly functionality and would like to see similar on tablet devices (Ipad, Honeycomb/ICS).
Please provide an app which integrates into the "Share to" menu to send web site content stripped down to well-readable content to my Evernote.
Evernote web clipper bookmark let is hard to configure on tablets, takes too long to clip content and does not provide the readability quality of Clearly.

Thanks!
Sven

I'd like to suggest a workaround of sorts that is not a solution to the original request for Clearly on mobile devices, but a nice alternative using the existing features in iOS.

There is a little known feature in Evernote that enables you to clip web pages from within the app. If you click on a link from within Evernote (assuming you have saved one there in a note -- you can click on the URL for a previously saved web page) it will take you to the web page without leaving the app. This enables Evernote to include a "clip to Evernote" feature, which is sort of like Clearly, and makes pages a little more readable.

Or, you could use the iCab mobile browser on the iPad (I don't like it as much for iPhone). It has a clipper built into it, and it does a great job (just like the desktop) of clipping. I also prefer it to Safari, even though (of course) you cannot make it your default browser.

#14 chrp

chrp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

+1 for Android.
I would have paid for Evernote Premium with offline notebooks if there was this feature. Now sticking with Pocket.

#15 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,215 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

+1 for Android.
I would have paid for Evernote Premium with offline notebooks if there was this feature. Now sticking with Pocket.

Pocket integrates well with the Evernote platform, so it doesn't have to be an either/or decision :)

http://evernote.com/...&layout=default

#16 Daniel Shaw

Daniel Shaw

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Would love to see clearly working in the dolphin browser on my android tablet....

#17 willlma

willlma

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

+1 for Firefox mobile for Android

#18 glange65

glange65

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

I don't think I can say it enough....PLEASE, WE NEED AN ANDROID APP

I need a reader that has the clean interface (+1 for you), reformats the stories for easier reading (+1 again).
While I am trying to seperate life from things Google (please don't say anything...I have valid reasons), I don't mind something using G Reader to keep stories in sync between Firefox add-in and devices.

BIGGEST PLUS FOR YOU....No need for ANOTHER app or account to save something for later or to read on another device.

Firefox add-in works nicely, but I would vote absolutely NO to using a Firefox Mobile add-in in place of a dedicated app. While Firefox on Android works for some apparently, it has never been stable or dependable on the four Android devices I have owned and continue to try using. (Don't even ask how bad Firefox Sync has been)

If this helps. I have been using Feedly exclusively for almost 18 months. Things that are a plus that I need:
  • Clean interface
  • Add-in for browser or app on PC, apps for tablet and phone
  • Easy sync between devices
  • Save items for later without using a third party account or app
What it doesn't do or issues causing me to look for another solution
  • No offline reading/caching stories....After two years of asking. NEED this
  • After UI overhaul, tablet and phone apps very unreliable
  • Firefox add-in difficult to read at times with odd font colors
So far...Clearly with an Android app would be a great alternative

#19 willlma

willlma

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

I need a reader that has the clean interface (+1 for you), reformats the stories for easier reading (+1 again).
While I am trying to seperate life from things Google (please don't say anything...I have valid reasons), I don't mind something using G Reader to keep stories in sync between Firefox add-in and devices.

While I understand you've had troubles with FF, the only clean reading experience I've had on a mobile browser is with mobile FF. Hopefully their continuous updating will solve the issues. Mobile FF has had a reader view for a few months now. It's great and is cuztomizeable like Clearly. Also, with the full-screen extension it's edge to edge beautiful font.

#20 JayKenn

JayKenn

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

+1 Android browsers

I currently email myself the link, open the link on my PC , then add the page to Evernote with Evernote clearly.

Thank you grumpymonkey, I'll look into pocket as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: other, clearly, android, bookmarklet, clipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote