(Archived) How to create new notebook in new note?

Matteus Mauritz

I'm creating a new note In Windows and want to create a new notebook to put it in, but how do I do it? What I do now is to leave the new note open, go back to the Evernote "main page" and then go back to the new note and save it in the newly created notebook. Annoying. In the iPad app there is a search window with which you can search for a notebook or choose to create a new notebook on the fly. It's perfect, but nowhere to be found in The Windows app.

• Level 5

Normally, the work flow is the other way round: First you create your notebook and then you move the notes into that notebook.

You seem to be very quick with creating new notebooks. In your other message of today, I gave you some hints and suggested to drastically REDUCE the number of notebooks you have. You'll be glad you did this in the future.

Wern

• Level 5*

Chances are that you're not going to be creating new notebooks all the time (you're limited to 250 of them), so it shouldn't be too onerous to do as Wern suggests: create the new notebook first.

• Level 5

Or (since this is in the Windows forum)

1.) Create the note (in your default notebook). This allows you to finish your thoughts while they are fresh in your mind.

2.) Create a new notebook.

3.) Click on your default notebook and drag the note to the new notebook.

My preference is a slight change to #3.

Instead of dragging, in the Note Panel, I select the drop down notebook selection (in the upper right corner).

Annoying. In the iPad app there is a search window with which you can search for a notebook or choose to create a new notebook on the fly. It's perfect, but nowhere to be found in The Windows app.

Windows client does not have this option. OTOH, that's the only way on iOS to make a new notebook. IOW, the creation of a new notebook differs between the iPhone/iPad app & the Windows client.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Everybody keeps saying "create a new notebook" as though the way to do so is glaringly obvious. Well, it isn't obvious to me. I use Evernote on both my iPad Air and my PC running Windows 7. I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me how to create a new notebook.

Thanks for your help.

Everybody keeps saying "create a new notebook" as though the way to do so is glaringly obvious. Well, it isn't obvious to me. I use Evernote on both my iPad Air and my PC running Windows 7. I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me how to create a new notebook.

Thanks for your help.

Using the Windows client, it's pretty standard Windows...file/new notebook.

Thank you. When I get back to my PC, I'll give it a try. Meanwhile, any ideas on how to create a new notebook on iPad iOS 7.0.6?

Using the search function (hint, hint) with 'create new notebook ipad' (not in quotes) yields a thread with this post...

just go to Notebooks/edit then you should see New Notebook top left and will let you create a new one quickly :)

Aussie Bob, thanks. I've been looking for this answer for days. It seemed like such a simple question, I knew I must have missed the glaringly obvious, and it appears I was right about that, at least. Every comment I read on Google in response to users' questions turned the whole inquiry into a mish-mash, dragging in all kinds of extraneous things. I'm so glad finally to have gotten a straight answer!

Archived