(Archived) location information

array

• Level 5

The Evernote Windows location feature is not ready for prime time. You'll be wasting your time if you try to use it.

The only way to use it efficiently is with a GPS location enabled mobile device such as the iPhone (but then you are faced with restricted text entry)

Although perhaps a little tedious, I determine my location information on the desktop using Google Maps with the 'LatLng Marker' tool from Maps Labs. I have a note with my most common locations that I can simply cut and paste into notes as I create them.

• Level 5

Although perhaps a little tedious, I determine my location information on the desktop using Google Maps with the 'LatLng Marker' tool from Maps Labs. I have a note with my most common locations that I can simply cut and paste into notes as I create them.

Be careful with the results. I tried that process about a year ago and even though I used the most accurate Longitude and Latitude information, Evernote consistently located the spot (my home) about 6 miles away to my town center. A fellow in Germany reported the same sort of problem. I have seen no mention of any improvement or Bug Fix by Evernote since then.

I just retried the longitude and latitude numbers (the ones I saved in Evernote back in February 2011).

And they work correctly and accurately now.

Ahh. Another surprise from the wonderful world of unspecified "Bug fixes.".

• 10 months later...

Archived