Uploading Unsaved Clips

Everuser1234

Idea

I'm using firefox 8, and I have the clipper. The little elephant has a yellow box on him and when I hover over it it says "Uploading Unsaved Clips." How do I make it upload these? They didn't load because it didn't think I was logged in.

I went to a page, clicked the clipper, the clipper window showed that I was logged in, I clicked to clip article, and it later gave an error and said I wasn't logged in properly. If I went to the same webpage, clicked the clipper, logged out, and then logged back in, the page would clip fine.

But the thing is, I want to be able to force it to upload those pages that are pending, or at the very least to revisit them because I left the pages and now I don't remember what they are. How can I do this?

16 replies to this idea

I was able to get my unsaved clips uploaded. Turns out they were stuck trying to process.

What I did is go into my about:config, then cleared the string from extensions.evernote.webclipper3.processing_cliplist. Once I did this it uploaded the clip right away.

That's what worked for me, hope it helps anyone else.

Just starting having this problem with Firefox 30 on Mint.  This did the trick (the other tips in this thread did not work for me).

-ken

After searching the forum I finally saw that this has been handled through the add-on. 

[i'm using Firefox 24.0]

For future searchers, all you have to do is open the Evernote add-on preferences.

Toward the bottom you'll be happy to see a button to Clear Pending Uploads and things will be good again.

On windows 7:

1. Go to: C:/Users/{username}/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/?????.default/evernoteclips/

2. Delete all files named like that: fd2c284d-c85b-e216-e5c3-79ceda8688b8

Hope this work for you!

Instead of deleting the files, I opened them in a text editor (you might have to add .txt to the file names for that to work on Windows?) and was able to find the urls I was trying to clip.

On a mac the files are:

{username}/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/?????.default/evernoteclips/

Once you've opened them and found your data, then you can delete them.

The files started out like this:

{"title":"50 Unbelievable cool places that really exist (Part 2) | Coolplaces | Daily Inspiration on WhereCoolThingsHappen","url":"http://www.wherecoolthingshappen.com/50-unbelievable-cool-places-that-really-exist-part-2/","saveUrl":true,"fullPage":false,"notebookGuid":"25c11810-6d5e-44c6-8c75-c57c09a7f9f4","content":"

So I just grabbed the url starting with http and ending with the last /

The link still works so it wasn't worth trying to parse out the rest of the clip, but you probably could if you needed to.

Thanks damien, I wouldn't have thought to check there without you and those three unsaved clips were driving me nuts! And I didn't want to just clear them (it seems the FireFox extension has an option to do that now) without seeing what they were.

Hi,

I've also got this problem - neither solution listed above has resolved it.

Any ideas anyone, or has there been any progress in rectifying this situation Evernote people? :-)

Having Evernote has been so useful, I was going to upgrade but if I can't get this issue resolved, I won't.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Sherrie

I was able to get my unsaved clips uploaded. Turns out they were stuck trying to process.

What I did is go into my about:config, then cleared the string from extensions.evernote.webclipper3.processing_cliplist. Once I did this it uploaded the clip right away.

That's what worked for me, hope it helps anyone else.

Hi all,

As many Firefox user has reported the Evernote Web Clipper 5.4.1 is partially broken due to an authentication issue. We are working on fixing this as soon as possible.

There is a reasonable workaround to get clipping functionality back by switching to sending clips to the desktop client ( you will need to have Evernote for Windows or Mac installed for this workaround...)

Instructions on setting Web Clipper to clip to desktop client:

https://www.evernote...fae6dcf7827534

I will post back here as soon as we've verified a fix.

As Evernote Web Clipper 5.4.1 has been broken for some days, I suggest acknowledging this on the support webpage with a link to the workaround. Currently the Support webpage states "Evernote service status: All systems are running smoothly". I realise that you folks probably don't think of these "periferal apps" as part of the system ... but from the users POV they are. After all, it is an Evernote app isn't it?

After looking everywhere and not finding anything pertaining to this problem, I contacted support through the contacts page. I expect I will recieve a reply from them shortly with the information you have kindly provided here. I just wish I hadn't needed to search so many different places to get a workaround. What is the use of having a support webpage if you don't keep the information there current. Makes Evernote look like a bunch of dills to state that all systems are running smoothly when we know they are not.

Anyway, now that I have had my winge it's time to get back to work. Thanks again for the information. And please notify those who need to know that a support webpage is a great communication tool. Just don't forget to use it.

Cheers,

Hi all,

As many Firefox user has reported the Evernote Web Clipper 5.4.1 is partially broken due to an authentication issue. We are working on fixing this as soon as possible.

There is a reasonable workaround to get clipping functionality back by switching to sending clips to the desktop client ( you will need to have Evernote for Windows or Mac installed for this workaround...)

Instructions on setting Web Clipper to clip to desktop client:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s13/sh/4485bcf0-a83c-4160-97ba-f4809870cb8c/6fc8977cb483648507fae6dcf7827534

I will post back here as soon as we've verified a fix.

I have this issue as well and I tried removing the FireFox Evernote add-on, restarting, then adding the add-on and restarting again, but I still see the 'uploading unsaved clips' icon.

Try clearing cache and cookies.

Doesn't work.

Nasty.

Only workaround left is to create a new profile.

This (persistent problem) is definitely unusual behavior.

The problem is probably browser instance specific.

I am having the same problem. It won't allow me to clip at all when it has this message, it just freezes up.

On windows 7:

1. Go to: C:/Users/{username}/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/?????.default/evernoteclips/

2. Delete all files named like that: fd2c284d-c85b-e216-e5c3-79ceda8688b8

Hope this work for you!

Hmmm. Evernoted.

I have this issue as well and I tried removing the FireFox Evernote add-on, restarting, then adding the add-on and restarting again, but I still see the 'uploading unsaved clips' icon.

Doesn't work.

Nasty.

Only workaround left is to create a new profile.

This (persistent problem) is definitely unusual behavior.

The problem is probably browser instance specific.

Doesn't work.

AFAIK there is no solution to this problem which keeps the list of unprocessed clips intact.

When the problem occurs (I have seen it in Firefox and Chrome) the only guaranteed solution I know of is to exit restart the browser as quickly as possible.

Sorry.

Archived