(Archived) Meshin Recall calendar app for Android | Alpha / Beta users wanted

Matt Haugh

Greetings Productivity Fans,

I work at Xerox PARC (Palo Alto Research Center) on a project called Meshin. Our team has built two productivity apps, one of which is publicly available in Android Market. The other, Meshin Recall, is a calendar app hooked into Evernote.

Recall allows you to--amongst other things--create auto-tagged Evernotes with one click from a slick user interface. It's not publicly available yet--still more like Alpha-- and I'd love to find folks interested in giving it a whirl and hitting me and our team with feedback. We think it has enormous potential, but external input is critical to shaping Recall.

If you have an Android phone and you'd like the .apk, drop me a line at matt@meshin.com and I'll forward it along.

Cheers!

Matt Haugh

Director of Community | Meshin

Thanks for the post, Matt. I'd just like to provide my "official" recommendation to any users interested in taking Matt and the Xerox PARC team up on their offer. We've been working closely with them, so consider this a legitimate request worthy of your time and consideration. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I volunteered - just starting to use Recall now. Initial impression is good - very professional interface and a quick link with my Evernote account. Some suggestions with which I'll hit Matt in a few days...

I'm sure he'd love to hear it. They've had a decent number of users sign up from this board, and they are (I believe) still taking applicants. So go for it everyone, spread that user love!

I'm sure he'd love to hear it. They've had a decent number of users sign up from this board, and they are (I believe) still taking applicants. So go for it everyone, spread that user love!

Yes, we're still taking beta users. We're up to 30 now, thanks to this forum!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We're thrilled to announce that thanks in no small part to the excellent contributions from folks we found here in the Evernote Forum, Meshin Recall is now live in Android Market.

THANKS EVERYONE for the great help!

We'll continue to accept beta users interested in advance builds. Just ping me at matt@meshin.com if you're interested.

-Matt

Matt,

I tried to load this via the Market and it said my device is not supported.

Is there a way to possibly access the apk so I can sideload this?

My Archos 101 often can support programs even when developers think it cannot.

I'd like to at least give it a try.

Or else we can discuss specs to see if it meets the programs needs.

• 1 month later...

Matt,

I tried to load this via the Market and it said my device is not supported.

Is there a way to possibly access the apk so I can sideload this?

My Archos 101 often can support programs even when developers think it cannot.

I'd like to at least give it a try.

Or else we can discuss specs to see if it meets the programs needs.

Sorry for the delay. I just saw your post today. Email me at matt "at" meshin.com and I'll gladly send you the .apk or help you determine what might be the issue with your handset. Thanks for your interest!

Matt

So nice to work with links to existing notes! For those of us who organize with tags, it'd be nice to be able to have the option of linking to a user-defined tag (such as @Meshin or @Calendar).

Not sure I comprehend mcluff's suggestion about linking to tags... Is te suggestion that in Meshin, when you decide to ataach a note, you could specify a tag and then all notes with that tag would be linked?

If the intention is to be able to attach multiple EN notes to one event in Meshin, then you could create 1 note that contains links to all the other related notes (usint the "Copy Note Link" feature).

I'm liking Meshin Recall (see my comments in the calendar thread of Evernote for Android sub-forum) . I'd like to see a more filterable search when you use the "Attach Note" option.At present when I click "Attach Note" Meshin immediately scans for all the notes in the default notebook. Would itbe possible to allow the user to select a tag or something else before the scan starts?

Oops -- I should've been clearer! Here's what I meant:

In order to attach a note to a calendar entry, I have to make sure it's in the default Notebook I've defined in the Notebook Preferences. I'd much rather be able to specify a default Tag instead (such as "Calendar" or "Meshin" for example).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived