Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Productivity

Meshin Recall calendar app for Android | Alpha / Beta users wanted

software mobile android calendar beta

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Haugh

Matt Haugh

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

Greetings Productivity Fans,

I work at Xerox PARC (Palo Alto Research Center) on a project called Meshin. Our team has built two productivity apps, one of which is publicly available in Android Market. The other, Meshin Recall, is a calendar app hooked into Evernote.

Recall allows you to--amongst other things--create auto-tagged Evernotes with one click from a slick user interface. It's not publicly available yet--still more like Alpha-- and I'd love to find folks interested in giving it a whirl and hitting me and our team with feedback. We think it has enormous potential, but external input is critical to shaping Recall.

If you have an Android phone and you'd like the .apk, drop me a line at matt@meshin.com and I'll forward it along.

Cheers!

Matt Haugh
Director of Community | Meshin

#2 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2803 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for the post, Matt. I'd just like to provide my "official" recommendation to any users interested in taking Matt and the Xerox PARC team up on their offer. We've been working closely with them, so consider this a legitimate request worthy of your time and consideration. Cheers.

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#3 Matt Haugh

Matt Haugh

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

I'm happy to report that we now have 9 people playing with Meshin Recall. If there are others out there interested in giving it a whirl, don't be shy. Our devs have promised me a new build today, and I'll send it to the gang of 9 plus anyone else who raises their hand as soon as I receive it. We're already getting EXCELLENT feedback! Hit me at Matt@meshin.com if you want to join the fun. -Matt

#4 Matt Haugh

Matt Haugh

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'm happy to report that we now have 9 people playing with Meshin Recall. If there are others out there interested in giving it a whirl, don't be shy. Our devs have promised me a new build today, and I'll send it to the gang of 9 plus anyone else who raises their hand as soon as I receive it. We're already getting EXCELLENT feedback! Hit me at Matt@meshin.com if you want to join the fun. -Matt

We now have 30 people using Recall and the great feedback continues to roll in. Thanks everyone and please keep it coming. Also, we'll always take more volunteers if you're interested! -Matt

#5 Matt Haugh

Matt Haugh

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

We're thrilled to announce that thanks in no small part to the excellent contributions from folks we found here in the Evernote Forum, Meshin Recall is now live in Android Market.

THANKS EVERYONE for the great help!

We'll continue to accept beta users interested in advance builds. Just ping me at matt@meshin.com if you're interested.

-Matt

#6 Matt Haugh

Matt Haugh

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

A quick heads up for folks following Meshin Recall. As of yesterday, Recall now supports both creating new notes from within the app AND linking to existing notes. Check it out!

https://play.google....W4ucmVjYWxsIl0.

Hit me back with questions and feedback. We're working hard to make Recall an indispensable companion to Evernote.

-Matt

#7 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10762 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

Still hoping to see this one day on my Kindle Fire... :)
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#8 Matt Haugh

Matt Haugh

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Still hoping to see this one day on my Kindle Fire... :)

We're looking into the possibility that the Kindle Fire is somehow crippling calendar functionality that is normall exposed by the Android OS. Still early in our digging, but perhaps we'll uncover a solution that will make Recall an viable option on the Fire. As a Fire user, I know I'D welcome it! :rolleyes:

#9 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10762 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for keeping it on your radar, Matt. And for keeping us posted. It looks like a great addition (he says, longingly).
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#10 iShiBin

iShiBin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hi, can i have the beta for my iPad2? Send me the information to i@shibin.info please.

#11 Matt Haugh

Matt Haugh

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hi, can i have the beta for my iPad2? Send me the information to i@shibin.info please.

I'm sending you the link now.

#12 Kristen Galliani

Kristen Galliani

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

You asked for it and we deliver!!!!

Finally the Meshin Recall widget is available in Google Play.

Check it out and tell us what you think

#13 mcluff

mcluff

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Nicely done! Glad to see the option to use tags in the prefs. The widget is stubborn on my Droid Incredible (running CyanogenMod), either doesn't refresh or won't respond to commands. But that may be my OS...

#14 Phrugal

Phrugal

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

I'd rather not get the .ics and other thingy sent to Evernote

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: productivity, software, mobile, android, calendar, beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 人のメンバー, 1 人のゲスト, 0 人の匿名ユーザ

Clip to Evernote