(Archived) Persistant and organized Checklist

Hi,

I love Evernote, that's a fact.

Therefore, I gave up all my other notes applications.

However, there is one feature I would love to find on evernote that I had on my "Note Everything" Android app is the persistant and organized checklist.

As soon as something is checked, it goes directly at the end of the list but it doesn't disappear.

If you could add this feature, you will be the perfect app ever!!!

Rémi

As soon as something is checked, it goes directly at the end of the list but it doesn't disappear.

Rémi

That behavior would be seriously annoying to me. I have a lot of checkbox lists in which the order in the list is very important.

I kind of doubt that Evernote will add it (see the many discussions about checklist features), but it never hurts to ask :)

Agreed.

• Level 5*

Something like this just got requested a week or so ago. Not much in favor of it myself; I don't want my content jumping around automatically (my check-lists are generally not a bunch of one-liners, and order is often important), and the old "why can't we then have an option to govern that behavior?" question doesn't seem to get a lot of traction in Evernote dev-land.

• Level 5

My preference is to use one check list item per note.

Once it is checked, the status automatically changes from unfinished to finished.

It is still in Evernote, but dissapears from my search for unfinished to-do items.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in favor of checklists. I've started using Cozi because of it, which is a shame. I'd much rather use evernote for everything but I live by the list and it is much easier to deal with a list in Cozi. If I'm grocery shopping, or at the box store, or looking at a list to get organized for camping, etc. Many uses. I can whip out the smarthphone and fingertap an item to complete. Very fast and efficient.

It also seems that the option to re-order or not could easily be added to the preferences. For most lists I use, I don't mind if the item then drops to the bottom but it isn't necessary. Cozi has a simpler interface that my wife can deal with better. Evernote is still the best but it should offer what people need or they may start looking elsewhere. That's the lesson that business teaches over and over again.

Evernote is still the best but it should offer what people need or they may start looking elsewhere. That's the lesson that business teaches over and over again.

Well, except Evernote isn't a to do/task list manager. It's focus is collecting information from a variety of sources, indexing & retrieving that information.

• Level 5

Evernote is still the best but it should offer what people need or they may start looking elsewhere. That's the lesson that business teaches over and over again.

Evernote seems to understand that concept.

They were named Company of the Year in Inc. Magazine; surpassed 20+ million users in less than 4 years; and bring in $18 million a year.

http://www.inc.com/m...f-the-year.html

• 2 weeks later...

I'm less interested in the order of checkboxes than the ability to find all unchecked boxes and bring them into a single list. As I take notes in meetings and use the checkbox to note an action item for myself, I would like to be able to find them all at one time regardless of which note they reside in. Or does this functionality already exist?

• Level 5

I'm less interested in the order of checkboxes than the ability to find all unchecked boxes and bring them into a single list. As I take notes in meetings and use the checkbox to note an action item for myself, I would like to be able to find them all at one time regardless of which note they reside in. Or does this functionality already exist?

Not a perfect solution, but here is how you can get a single list of all your unfinished items.

The drawback is the list will only contain the titles of each note, not the actual task.

Because I only allow one To-Do item per note, my titles usually reflect what the To-Do item is.

In the Left Panel

• >Attributes >Contains >Unfinished to-do items
  • In the Note List Panel, select the notes you want.
  • Right Click and select "Copy Note Links"
  • Paste the Note Links into a new note

Additional enhancements

Add bullets and print the list

Archived