Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

import pdf

evernote

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 arjan

arjan

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

I used to be able to drag a pdf to the Evernote icon on the desktop and it would appear in my inbox but somehow this is not working anymore. I can drag the pdf to dropbox or other places just not to Evernote. I am using the latest public version of Evernote on windows 7
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Arjan

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,641 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

Does the icon start Evernote normally if you click it direct?

It's possible to set up an import folder on the desktop such that any files dragged (whether moved or copied) into it are added to your database and deleted - if the icon properties have changed somehow, this may be an option.

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#3 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,756 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

I see this working in the 4.5.3.5991 prerelease version.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#4 arjan

arjan

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

I just upgraded to the pre-release version that Jeff mentioned and still no luck. The desktop icon opens Evernote but when I drag a document to it it will display a little red circle with a slash through it on the document icon and it does not add the document to Evernote. this is kind of a PITA

#5 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,756 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

Think it's time to file a support inquiry for that one. See the link at the end of my sig.

gazumped is also correct in that you could just set up an import folder in Evernote, and create a shortcut to it that lives on your desktop. You can then drag items onto that. Be aware that doing so can be interpreted as moving an object to a new location in your file system, and if the import is set up as "Delete", the item will, in effect be moved into Evernote, without a separate copy in the file system (which may be OK).

I generally don't interact directly with things on my desktop, since I always have scads of windows open and I can never see it. :)
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#6 kvitekp

kvitekp

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

I just upgraded to the pre-release version that Jeff mentioned and still no luck. The desktop icon opens Evernote but when I drag a document to it it will display a little red circle with a slash through it on the document icon and it does not add the document to Evernote. this is kind of a PITA

Could not reproduce this problem here. This little red circle suggests system policy issue. Please try to re-create shortcut to Evernote executable: right click on the desktop, choose New/Shortcut, browse to C:Program FilesEvernoteEvernoteEvernote.exe

/Peter

#7 arjan

arjan

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

Thanks Peter, that did the trick

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users