(Archived) Future Request: Checklist: Task Crossout, Deletion, Separation and Spacing

LAB

Please consider the following checklist functions for future revisions:

When the checkbox is checked as completed, the related text is either
strike-through
or shaded or both, to dramatically indicate that the task is done.

Add a menu button that will delete all completed tasks when it is pressed.

Add some type of checklist item separation, such as a line.

Increase the space between checklist items and increase the size of the checkbox so it is easier for the user to press the checkbox on smartphones.
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the suggestion.

I agree that may not be easy to select the checkboxes on smartphones.

It's not only that it's hard to select the checkboxes on smartphones. It is even hard to see if a checkbox is checked or not. On Mobile Devices Brightness is often not set to 100% to increase acculifetime and so on.

Is it possible to increase the optical difference between checked and not checked?

That would be nice :)

We will see what we can do.

Can you make checkboxes sortable by checked and unchecked? I like to make a list of groceries I want to buy and things to take on trips and check these things off as I complete them. I would like the checked items to automatically fall to the bottom of the list so I don't need to keep reading them over and over and over again as I'm trying to finish off my lists. Thank you.

Edit: By the way deleting the items as they are completed is not an option because these are all things I will want to do again on a future grocery shopping trip or travel trip that I take. So I don't want to keep making the same list over and over and over again.

• 6 months later...

The ability to delete checked or unchecked items _should_ be part of the functionality of every todo list. Evernote developers should get behind this and make it a true todo list and not just a notepad with check boxes. It's a PITA to go back and erase items that you've checked and no longer want on the list (such as a grocery/shopping list) when the list of items is not always identical.

• 4 months later...

The ability to delete checked or unchecked items _should_ be part of the functionality of every todo list. Evernote developers should get behind this and make it a true todo list and not just a notepad with check boxes. It's a PITA to go back and erase items that you've checked and no longer want on the list (such as a grocery/shopping list) when the list of items is not always identical.

Agreed. We just need the ability to "Delete all checked items" or "Delete all unchecked items". Many people have asked for this.

Agreed. We just need the ability to "Delete all checked items" or "Delete all unchecked items". Many people have asked for this.

Please see post #2 above..

Thanks for poo-pooing this request. You seem to know a lot about what they will and won't implement.
  • Level 5*

Thanks for poo-pooing this request. You seem to know a lot about what they will and won't implement.

The request is valid enough. BnF's just guessing and sharing her opinion, which is based on several years of experience as an avid Evernote user and forum participant. That's all we users can do, really. Face it, though -- lots of folks seem to want to turn Evernote into a to-do list manager, but Evernote hasn't really expressed my overt interest to date.

Archived