Does deleting a stack also delete the notebooks within?

idoc

I suddenly noticed the other day that some of my notebooks were in a stack called "notebook stack". I have never used stacks and don't really know how these notebooks found their way into a stack. I tried dragging them out of the stack so that they could be visible outside of the stack but was unable to do so. The user manual did not specify how to work with stacks but did say that you could right click and delete a stack. However, if I do that will I also be deleting all the notebooks within? Any other way to solve this problem?

The user manual did not specify how to work with stacks but did say that you could right click and delete a stack.

Did you try it? Your options when right clicking are to simply remove the notebook from the stack.

You created this stack by dragging one notebook onto another.

• Level 5*

If you right-click on a stack, and select Delete, you will be prompted to confirm (unless you've disabled the confirmation action). The confirmation dialog will tell you that none of the notebooks or notes will be deleted.

You can remove notebooks from a stack by dragging it to the top of the notebook tree (it's labeled "Notebooks").

Thanks guys. I'm always amazed by how helpful this forum is based on how willing you are to take your valuable time to assist with these issues. The entire problem was resolved less than an hour after my post. Thanks again,

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*

Just right click on notebook and say remove from stack. It will put it with the other notebooks.

That's an answer to a different question, but nonetheless also true.

Archived