(Archived) What's up with the TAB key?

New user to Evernote here. Is it me or is there no way to insert a "tab" character in a note?

It seems it is always getting converted to 5 spaces...which for whatever reason is rendering differently in different clients.

I can use indents, but then I have to click on the toolbar (in the web editor), which is inconvenient. In my Nixnote client I have to hit ctrl-M (already filed an issue there).

Can one of you EN guru's enlighten me on the best way to created aligned/indent text without leaving the keyboard? Thanks!

Ummm. I had not previously tested the Sniptastic! app.

Might not be so good a fit for your use.

- Windows centric

- Early?? beta

In the process of RTFM. Think I will test if first from XP VM via Notepad++ plugin.

Ummm. I had not previously tested the Sniptastic! app.

Might not be so good a fit for your use.

- Windows centric

- Early?? beta

In the process of RTFM. Think I will test if first from XP VM via Notepad++ plugin.

I'll check it out this week...thanks for the tip. It's interesting that they have their own editor for Evernote and that their editor is pluggable.

It's actually very cool that doing such a thing is possible. I would be happy to pay for an Evernote client editor that really rocked. The last note system I was using was Tomboy and it's note editor was very solid...no flakiness, no weird key shortcuts, functional tab key, etc. It's certainly not going to kill me to learn to hit a button instead of typing the tab key, but it is *really* annoying.

Thanks for your help....I'm sure you already know this, but it is community helpers such as yourself that get us newbies over the hump!

Yeah. Tomboy with sync is a very nice package. Unfortunately editing rich text is a lot different from editing text.

e.g. Notepad++ is a great Windows text editor for code. It ain't worth ***** however as a WSIWYG editor.

Hmmm. I have never tried Notepad++ via Wine. Could be an interesting experiment.

Archived