Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

API for javascript

javascript

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CebuSolutions

CebuSolutions

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Hello,
Is there any javascript support for Evernote API? I downloaded v 1.19 and there was no thrift files for javascript.

thanks.

#2 Julien Boedec

Julien Boedec

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

The Evernote API does not support Javascript. However, we have a project started by our community that created node.js bindings for our API:
https://github.com/cloudsnap/evernode

#3 schultzter

schultzter

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

That's great!

But will it help clients written in JavaScript? In particular a Chrome packaged app is written entirely in HTML5 (including JavaScript) so there's no server component.

I've looked through the Thrift wiki, but I'm having reading it. From what I can tell there's no real plan to implement the TBinaryProtocol in JavaScript, this excludes an important language for client-side development!!!

Thanks,
Headed for the second star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

Schultzter

#4 swingkid

swingkid

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

The Evernote API does not support Javascript. However, we have a project started by our community that created node.js bindings for our API:
https://github.com/cloudsnap/evernode

I was reading through the Evernote Syncronization via EDAM v 1.0.5 March 7 2011.

And I quote on pg 5 (Section 1 EDAM Overview):
"3. Thin clients make direct use of the API over the HTTP gateway to view or manipulate the state
of the user’s account directly. This may include the clipper(s), JavaScript web clients (via an
ASCII transport), or external partners/integrations."
Suggesting JavaScript...

was this just an oversight or mistake?

#5 David33409

David33409

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

FYI - I've started my own javascript "bridge" to Evernote. I'm calling it jEvernote for anyone that is interested. It will have several enhanced features including:
  • the ability to handle multiple accounts,
  • automatically encrypt sensitive information (SSN, credit card #s, etc) found in notes
  • support for Note templates,
  • the ability to tag stacks and notebooks (so any note placed inside them receives the parent container's tags by default)
  • support for "Dynamic content" (yes that means javascript, jQuery, etc within the notes)
  • tools to help move/copy stacks/notebooks between Evernote accounts
  • support for multi-selection of Stacks/Notebooks in order to export multiple notebooks at the same time
  • additional features include advanced table and grid support along with many other "widgets" not currently supported in Evernote
This will be available to Mac users in the near future.
Give before you get. When you get, pay it forward. You make a living by what you get....you make a life by what you give. - Sir Winston Churchill

#6 George Maggessy

George Maggessy

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hey David33409,

I guess by now you should have something to show. Do you need help on the Javascript API?

Cheers,
George

#7 Katya Stavisky

Katya Stavisky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hi all,
Regarding a library to integrate JavaScript with Evernote, I'd like to let you know that there is in fact a ready one available for public use. While writing the KanMeet for Chrome app, Kanda Software had to write a small JavaScript library to encapsulate Evernote API. The folks over at Evernote asked us to release it into open source domain and we obliged.

You can find it at:
https://github.com/k...-sdk-javascript

If you're interested in the KanMeet app, which integrates your Google Calendar with your Evernote notebooks, you can check it out at:

http://www.kandasoft...ps/kanmeet.html

Cheers,
the Kanda Software Team

#8 gabrielhpugliese

gabrielhpugliese

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hi Katya,

I'm really interested in using that API for next Evernote Hackathon, but it's next saturday (in 2 days). Could you help me in any way with that ?
I'm using meteor.com framework and want to use your library!
Thanks

#9 Katya Stavisky

Katya Stavisky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hi Gabriel,
We're so sorry to get back to you with such a delay. Had we had a bit more than two days notice we could have helped you in time for Evernote Hackathon. Could we still help you in any way? If you have any questions I can connect you to our developer over Skype or email. If you have any recommendations or improvements, please feel free to email Yury Shamrey at yury.shamrey@kandasoft.com and he can answer questions.

Best of luck!

#10 gabrielhpugliese

gabrielhpugliese

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

No problem about the delay. We had to do an android app, so I used the Python API for backend actions.
But I really want to use yours.
Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote