Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Keyboard Shortcut for New Ink Note?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zatrapadoo

Zatrapadoo

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • Group: Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

It would be great to have a global shortcut for New Ink Note. Thanks!

#2 Zatrapadoo

Zatrapadoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

So we now have Ctrl+Alt+N for creating a new (text) note from wherever we are in Windows, and we also have Ctrl+Shift+I for a new ink note within Evernote. What about adding Ctrl+Alt+I or something like that for creating anew ink note from wherever we are in Windows? Thanks!

#3 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 1843 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hi Zatrapadoo,

I was going to suggest using something like AutoHotkey to simulate the hotkey to run Evernote with the NewInkNote parameter...but I have just discovered that you can assign a hotkey to a shortcut...didn't know that until now. (How have I missed that for so long? :D)

So, you could find the Evernote.exe file, create a shortcut, and add a shortcut to it.

Evernote.exe is located here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe

Once you have created the shortcut, add the parameter /NewInkNote so that the target field looks like this:

"C:\Users\Scott Grant\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe" /NewInkNote

In the same window, there is a shortcut field, in which you can enter a shortcut. I tried with your suggestion of Ctrl + Alt + I and it worked :)

Screenshot:
http://www.evernote....6e5ada5b417ef02

Scott

EDIT: The page that documents the command line parameters is here: http://www.evernote....ws.php#evernote

#4 Zatrapadoo

Zatrapadoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

FABULOUS! Thank you!

#5 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist